The Start of Something New

"Shawn..." Jess said, unsure of what she should say. She loved him, a lot. But she was in such shock that her brain was not processing anything. "I do have feelings for you. I really like you. Like I could maybe even say love. But it would never work. And you deserve someone better. Someone closer to your age and famous, just like you. Not ugly, strange, nerdy and an outcast." Jess looked down at the floor, trying to hide the rest of the tears flowing from her eye sockets. Thats how she thought of herself. Whatever Shawn saw in her, was obviously a trick of the eye because there was nothing particularly good about her at all. She felt a warm hand in hers.

"Jess. You are not boring, strange, nerdy and an outcast. You are exciting, yourself, smart and beautiful. You are the girl I picture every time I write a song. Have you heard Life Of The Party?! It is describing you, literally! And I don't care how old you are or if you are famous. In my eyes, you are a shining star and always will be one. Stop putting yourself down. I'm gonna give you some inspirational advice, just like you did for me once. Be yourself and no one else. Don't care what people think because quite frankly, if you don't care for them then you shouldn't care what they say either. And lastly, I love you Jess, no matter what you or other people think about you. I don't care if you think your ugly, because I know you are gorgeous. I don't care if other people think your weird because you are just being yourself and that is something I love about you. The only thing I care about is your happiness. When you doubt yourself and think you don't deserve to like your life, it hurts me that you are sad. My mission is to support and love you in every way I can. Just move on and forget what people say. Focus on how amazing you are. You deserve to be happy. So be it." Shawn squeezed Jess's hand and smiled at her. With his other hand, he wiped her tears away. Then he leaned forward and kissed her forehead. 

Jess looked at Shawn with her sweet blue-green eyes. "T...Thanks Shawn. I guess you are right. Now I see what you see in me, even if I don't quite understand it. I...I love you too."

"Well then, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend, my Mrs. Mendes?"

Jess had thought about Shawn asking her out for years, but she never imagined it actually happening. She couldn't believe she was going to be with Shawn Mendes.

"Shawn, I would love to. But my mom would not be happy about it. And neither would your fans. They would think you deserve someone more famous and older. Even if you don't think so. Maybe we can be together, I don't know, privately? Make it our little secret." Jess said, hoping Shawn would be ok with it. She would love to openly date him, but others might not be so happy about it.

Shawn smiled bigger than she ever saw him before. "Definitely! So, I guess your my Mrs. Mendes now, huh. I love you so much." The two of them laughed. Both of them were so happy. Shawn couldn't believe he had the courage to kiss her and tell her his feelings. Jess couldn't believe he had those feelings and that they were actually "dating".

"But Shawn, your leaving for the Europe part of the tour now. You will be gone for a whole 3 months!"(hi guys, that is not accurate but it is a story so whatever)

"I know, I know. But we will stay in touch. Every day. I promise. We will stay together." Shawn held Jess's hand even tighter. Jess's phone lit up and she saw a text from her mom telling to her leave. She stood up.

"Ok, I got to go. Promise me you won't find a new foreign Mrs. Mendes while your gone!" Jess said jokingly.

"I promise. Your my one and only Mrs. Mendes. Love you Jess." Shawn stood up too. He leaned in and lightly kissed her on the lips. This one only lasted for a few seconds and then they broke away.

"Love you too." Jess said with a smile. She let go of Shawn's hand and started to walk away. "Bye Shawn!" she yelled across the hall.

"Bye!" Shawn said. Once Jess turned the corner, he touched his lips where her's had been. Then he pumped his fists in triumph. He had done it. He finally got the girl of his dreams.

**So! Do you guys like it?! Do you ship Jawn? Comment below! Thanks for 80 views! <3