Bad Luck

Shawn and Jess didn't know how long they stood there, hugging and kissing. People around them started to stand up and go elsewhere in the house, leaving them alone in the family room. After what felt like ages, they finally let go of each other.

"Thank you Jess. This...this is the best present ever. Well, second best." Shawn said. Jess looked at him with a scrunched up face.

"Second?! What is first?!"

"You."

Jess lightly hit Shawn in the arm with a smile. They walked out of the room and joined the other kids. Jess looked around for Jaime, but she couldn't find her. Ian was missing too. Oh, what a coincidence. The adults starting putting out food and they filled their plates with pizza, fried stuff and best of all, GARLIC KNOTS. Jess took at least five of them and ended up eating two of Shawn's. After dinner, Jess still couldn't find Jaime. Well, truth was that she did't really look for her. 

Going to grab her phone out of her bag, she walked to the laundry room where she put it. When she got there, she almost dropped the garlic knot she was eating. Ian and Jaime were in the middle of a kiss, Jaime sitting on the washing machine and Ian standing right in front of her. She would have been too short for the kiss to work any other way. But that was not what scrambled the living daylights in Jess. Jaime's hands were in his hair and his were in a place they shouldn't be. One was gripping her upper left thigh and the other was on her lower back, half of it on her behind. Jaime's legs were wrapped around him, closing the gap between them.

"Holy guacamole! Jesus Christ! MY EYES!" Jess ran out of the room and back to the party. She ran right into Matt and the two of them fell to the ground, Jess on top of him.

"Oh god, I am so sorry!" Jess said, trying to get up off him.

"No, its alright. I actually quite like this position." he said with a stupid grin.

"Eww Matt!" Jess screamed rolling off the older boy. She quickly stood and put out her arm to help him up. He took it and stood too.

"Hey, don't judge me! That is the closest I ever got with a girl."

"Loser." Jess said, rolling her eyes. She brushed off her rumpled clothes, not looking at where she was walking. Once again, she rammed right into someone. Looking up, Jess saw that her amazing luck had caused her to walk into one of Shawn's older cousins, Thomas. If anyone thought Shawn was muscular, this guy had muscles twice the size. He was tall and huge, probably one of the scariest guys Jess ever got the pleasure of meeting. His eyes were red and he looked out of it. In his hand, he held a bottle of beer.

"Hey, watch where you are going idiot!" he yelled at Jess. She could tell he was definitely drunk.

"I'm sorry, really I am. It won't happen again." she whispered looking at the ground, trying to act as nice as possible.

"Yeah, you're dam right it won't. Look at me you b****!" Thomas grabbed her head and yanked it up, so she was looking at him. Jess felt a small pain erupt in her jaw, where part of his huge hand gripped it. Bringing her arm up, Jess slammed her fist into his arm, making him lose his grip on her. Being a black belt paid off some times.

"Back off!"

Anger burned in Thomas's eyes. He put down his drink and grabbed her hands, pinning them behind her back in one hand. In the other he grasped Jess's throat. She tried to kick him, but he pinned her legs against the wall behind her with his own.

"Don't you dare touch me again, you idiot! Think you can hurt me, huh! HUH?!" he roared in her face. Letting go of her throat, Thomas rammed his fist into her face, Jess's head turning to the side with the force. Tears filled her eyes. She tried to scream for help, but nothing came out. Pain was throbbing in her head and the world was spinning. Thomas was about to punch her again when someone yanked him back and pushed him against the opposite wall. The person punched him in the chest, sending the air out of him.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!!!!!" the boy screamed at him. Turning to face Jess, he directed his attention away from her attacker. Jess couldn't see clearly and wasn't sure who the boy was. He started to speak soothingly to her in a voice she recognized. 

**Ooooh, cliff hanger! Who is the boy that saved Jess? Comment below who you think it is!