Its Going Down For Real

**Credits to @macat22 for the title! Her idea :)

"So Alli, what have you been up to for the past year?" Shawn asked Alli, pouring the girls and himself pink lemonade. 

"Well, I finished high school, started looking at a few colleges. Thinking about majoring in fashion or something like that. I heard that you were on your FIRST WORLD TOUR!" Alli jumped up and down in excitement. Shawn laughed and smiled. Jess just looked at her, her insides churning at the sight of her. She was trying to steal her boyfriend. Jess was not going to let that happen.

Shawn was about to start talking when Jess intruded. "Yeah, his world tour was GREAT! I went to a few of the concerts and actually, it is how we met. Did you go to any of them Alli?" Jess knew she did not, but just wanted to make Alli look bad.

"No, I didn't. I really wanted to though, but all of the concerts were sold out. I was thinking about surprising you one time, but there were no tickets and the meet and greets cost a lot of money. But I know you did amazing because Shawn, you just are so amazing!"

Shawn looked at Alli with a sweet face on. Jess could not tell if that was because he was liking her or just happy be with his friend. Jess hoped it was neither.

"Yeah, the world tour was really amazing. I saw so many cool things and met a lot of foreign fans. It was a really nice experience. Hey, do you want to stay for dinner Alli? My mom is making spaghetti and meatballs tonight."

"I would love to have dinner with you Shawn." Alli smiled. "I need to go to the bathroom. I will be right back." She walked down the hall and to the restroom. Jess turned to Shawn.

"Why did you ask her to stay for dinner? I thought Tuesdays were the day I have dinner with your family." She asked him, trying not to sound like a bratty girlfriend.

"She's my friend Jess. And I know this is your day for dinner with us, but if she joins it won't be the end of the world. You have the every Tuesday for the rest of eternity to eat with me and my family." Shawn ran his thumb down her jaw line and cupped her cheek in his hand, then turned and told his mom Alli was staying for dinner. Jess sighed. She hoped Alli wasn't determined to get him back. Because if she was she might actually have a chance at success.

When Alli walked back into the kitchen, she gave Jess a mean glare, then started talking to Shawn. Jess just stood on the side, staring at her phone like she was actually doing something. Aaliyah walked in and saw the situation. She stood next to Jess.

"Uh oh. Looks like someone's jealous." Aaliyah smirked.

"I am not jealous!" Jess stated, looking at Alli and Shawn happily talking. Aaliyah looked at her intensely. "Ok, maybe a little. But she's just so...his type. What if he starts liking her more than me?!"

"Jess, Shawn will never like anyone more than you. So chill. They are just friends. He dumped her over two years ago anyway." Aaliyah then went to set the kitchen table. Jess just looked at Shawn and his idiot ex-who-is-somehow-his-friend. Jess felt her heart boil and melt. So this was what jealously felt like. No, this was what pure ENVY felt like. Shawn was so relaxed and always had a smile whenever he said anything or heard anything from Alli. It was like he was in a trance. Shawn's parents finished making dinner and called everyone to the table.

"So Alli, how have you been sweetie?" Karen asked her. She never called Jess sweetie. It was not fair. Why did SHE get to be called sweetie and not Jess?!

"I've been very good, thank you. And how have you been Mrs. Mendes?" Alli said in a young and charming voice. Faker.

"I've been great. Dig in everyone, this is more food then a whole army can eat."

Karen and Manuel had made the spaghetti and meatballs, but with their own homemade sauce that was a  Portuguese recipe. It was very good. They also had string beans and broccoli. Jess had taken a ton of pasta and meat, with only a few greens. But when she saw Alli taking only a tiny bit of pasta and filling her plate with healthy stuff, she felt self-conscious. She liked to eat. A lot. But if Alli was going to eat healthy, then so was Jess. She only ate a few bites of the pasta and then chowed politely on the icky vegetables. Also, Alli had taken her seat next to Shawn and Aaliyah, so she was forced to sit next in the middle of their parents. Not that she cared because they had become almost like second parents to her, but she would rather sit by her boyfriend and friend.

After some time of eating and light chat, Alli brought her plate to the sink and started to speak.

"Um Shawn, do you have a nail clipper anywhere? I have a hang-nail that is highly uncomfortable."

Shawn immediately stood up. "Yeah, let me show you where it is." He walked further into his house and Alli followed. Jess tried to listen to what they were saying, but Manuel started talking to her, so she was forced to listen to him.

Shawn walked into the bathroom in the back of the house and opened the cabinet. He could not find the nail clipper on the bottom one and the top one was surprisingly, just out of his reach. So he grabbed a stool and stood on it. It took him a few moments to find it, but then he finally did. It had been sitting all the way in the back. Shawn stepped down and handed Alli the nail clipper. She smiled and took it.

"Thanks Shawn. Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you being a great friend?" She took a step closer to him, so they were inches apart.

"Uh, no I guess not. But you don't have to. Really, its ok." Alarmed, Shawn tried to step back, but the wall behind him prevented it.

"No, I think I should. Really." Alli leaned close to him, then smushed her face to his, locking their lips. She held his face with a tight grip, so it would be hard for him to pull away. In shock, Shawn tried to get away, but her grip was too hard. So he put his hands on her waist, trying to push her. He couldn't believe she was kissing him. He was not really kissing her back though. She didn't seem to like that and tried even harder. She tilted her head so they could get closer. Shawn tried his best to push her away without hurting her.

________

After a minute or so, Jess wondered what was taking them so long. So she cleared her plate and walked to the bathroom. When she got there, she almost threw up at what she saw. Shawn hands were on Alli's waist and they were mouth to mouth, in a heated kiss.