If This Is What It Takes

**Sorry that it is so short! "Running Low" on time. I'm so funny, quoting SM song names and lyrics:)

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Shawn!" Jess screamed in joy. She ran over to her injured boy, not waisting any time to check if anyone was watching. She didn't care anymore. Let the world see them together, if it meant Shawn was ok. Cupping his face in her hands, Jess gently pressed her lips against his. One of Shawn's hands held her weakly. As they kissed, tears rolled down both of their cheeks. Jess had imagined the day the saw each other after he came home from Europe. She thought it would be something like him getting off the plane and her standing there, waiting. They would run to each other and Shawn would pick her up, spinning her around. They would kiss and everything would once again be alright. The world would be a happier place. But instead, they were meeting in a hospital with Shawn in a bed after surgery to get two bullets out of his body. Even though it was not nearly as enjoyable, Jess made the best of the moment and let her sadness wash away with every kiss. 

Slowly, the broke away. Jess's hand slipped into Shawn's as he let go of her.

"Y...your here. How?" Shawn asked in a small voice.

"I flew here, idiot. Duh." Jess said, making him laugh. As happy as she was to see Shawn, looking at him made her slightly sad again. He was pale and weak, his bare chest covered in tubes and bandages. They sight of him made Jess want to go and stab those terrorists to death.

"I mean, why? You flew all the way to Paris!"

"I came here for you, muffin. Once I heard what happened, I needed to come right away. It took some time to convince my mom, but she finally gave in. For some time, I really had no idea what condition you were in. I...I thought that maybe you were...gone." Jess shakily whispered. A big, fat tear fell out of her eye. Even as weak as he was and in no condition to be moving around, Shawn lifted his arm and wiped the tear of her face.

"I would never leave you. Ever. I love you Jess." Shawn pressed his forehead lightly against Jess's. His thumb gently ran down her jawline. Jess squeezed his hand with almost no strength to make sure she did not hurt him.

"I love you too Shawn." They stood there for a few moments, staying still as stone. Surprising Jess, Shawn let go and quickly leaned in to kiss her again. She made no move to stop him, for how could she. It was not like she didn't want to kiss. Jess then realized how much she had missed the feeling of his lips against her's. Even though they had only kissed once before Shawn left for Europe, it was a feeling that could just never be satisfied. 

When they stopped kissing, Jess sat down in the chair that was behind her. Pulling it as close to the bed as possible, she laid her head on Shawn's good leg, still holding his hand. He kindly stroked her hair.

"I missed you so much." Jess choked out. She started heavily cry. She was finally admitting how she felt the past three months. Since she kept it locked away in a secret chamber somewhere in her for so long, she never realized how much emotion had built up. Jess finally felt whole again. If that made any sense. It did not matter that her and Shawn had been dating for only a good minute before she left the concert and then he left for Europe. What they felt for each other was real or as real as teen love could get. Shawn leaned over and put his face right up against Jess's ear.

"I missed you too." he said. Then he kissed the side of her head and reclined back, holding in a grunt of small pain. They were together again. Finally. He started to softly sing to Jess, calming her down. "If this is what it takes, then let me be the one to bare the pain. Ooh if this is what it takes. I'll break down these walls that are in our way, If this is what it takes. Cause if you don't understand yet. Then I'll never let you forget. That you don't have to do this on your own. I'll be your shoulder to lean on. I'll be your right when you feel wrong. So come on, take my hand, we're moving on."