Realization

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR 1 THOUSAND VIEWS!!!!!!! It means so much to me that this story has come so far. When I first started writing, I thought it was going to be a complete failure, but you proved me wrong. Thanks for that. This IS going to be one of the last chapters though. Hope you liked the story and the next few chapters that are soon to come! <3

Jess woke up with her hair sticking to her forehead and hot sweat all over her. All she remembered was that she had a nightmare. But nothing about what happened in it. She guessed it was something intense, but irrelevant because she would have remembered if it was important. She was really hot and felt feverish.

Sitting up, she held her head. The world was spinning. Jess collapsed back onto the bed and squeezed her eyes shut. She couldn't be sick. She had a concert today and her first meet and greet. Minutes past and Jess tried to open her eyes again. Everything was still shaky but no longer a whirlpool of surroundings. Maddy was on her phone next to her.

"Hey. Morning." Maddy said, putting her phone down. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm...fine. Just a little warm, thats all. Probably from it being too hot in here or something." She stood up from the bed and walked to the bathroom. Splashing water in her face, she took deep breaths. Then she searched through the drawers for a thermometer. When she found one, she checked her temperature. It was fine, the average degree a person would be at. Jess came to the conclusion that she probably sat up too quickly and all of her blood rushed to her head. That along with a bad dream. No other explanation. Maddy knocked on the door and Jess came out, letting her friend use it. 

Downstairs, Jess grabbed a bagel and gathered her stuff. "I need to get going. Got a concert later. Skipping school. See ya there?"

"Totally! Make that four of us. Jaime, Bella and two of the boys can come."

Jess gave her a look. "Which boys?"

"Oh, just Scott and Jake. Nothing big."

"Oh great. Now I have two other people to make fun of me for my bad singing skills and tiny fan base."

"You have GREAT singing skills and a VERY large fan base for a fifteen year old. Well, almost sixteen. Another few months." Maddy said grabbing a box of sugar cereal and pouring its contents into her mouth. Little cereal pieces spilled onto the floor around her.

"Yeah, can't wait. I will see you later so bye bye." Jess grabbed her bag and made her way out the door in an oversized t shirt she kept in her bag and shorts. Truth was that the shirt was one of Shawn's that he grew out of, but that was something people didn't really need to know.

She got on her bike and rode to the place she wanted to be at the least. Her own home. It seemed so unfamiliar, so distant. Even standing in front of it she felt strange. She could see her mom through the window, though she could not see her. Jess really didn't want to go inside. Facing her mom was on the way bottom of her to do list. But she really needed an nice outfit to wear to the concert and a place to practice. Then she remembered that once, Shawn got into her room without her mom knowing. If he could do it, then she could too. 

Jess parked her bike by the garage and walked around the house to below her room. It was not too high off the ground. A small storage bin about her height was right under the window. She climbed on it and was really close to the window. But when Shawn did it, his head went over the window. He was able to see in. Jess's head only barely reached the bottom of the window. Getting up was a difficult task, but she was able to get into her room without falling to her death. Grabbing a white, crop top  high waisted skirt to match it, she slipped it in her bag along with a hair straightener. She already had her guitar and everything, so arriving at the theater was all she needed to to.