Party Hearty

The car was luke-warm and Jess lay on Shawn, the two of them spread out on the seats. A blanket that Shawn found in the trunk covered them. The sun had set and the couple had been in the car for around an hour. Jess's head was right up against his cheek and her face gently rested on it, feeling every pulse and breath he took. Once in a while, she would put soft kisses on it, sending a comforting chill down Shawn's body.
Shawn had his hands wrapped around her and her's were on his chest.
"Hey, I'm sorry about the way I acted." Shawn said quietly.

"Its ok, I get it. I was being a scaredy-cat and nervous-nelly. You had every right to get angry."

"You sure?"

Jess nodded her head. Moments of silence passed.

"Thank you." Jess whispered, breaking the quietness.

"For what?"

"For giving me a nice experience, without making me do something I am not ready for." Jess looked up to meet his brown eyes that had specks of a beautiful green in them and smiled. Shawn and her had kissed and all, but went no further than before. That was for another time in the future. The FAR future. Jess didn't want to give everything to a boy, even if it was Shawn, until they were older and maybe married.
"Your welcome." Shawn said and kissed her head. A few minutes later, Shawn got up and started the car again. He then drove to his house. Grabbing some water, he carried Jess to his room and they got in bed. A lot of sleeping they did. Yes, a lot of sleeping.

August 7

"SHHAAWWNN!" Jess yelled upstairs.
"WHAT?!" He yelled back, trying to film a video for Instagram.
"ONE MORE DAY UNTIL YOU ARE 18!!!!!!!"
Shawn smiled. He couldn't believe his birthday was tomorrow. Jess ran through his bedroom door, entering the camera's area of view. She was out of breath.
"I ran all the way to your house, trying to get some exercise, but it turns out it is a lot more than 4 miles from my house! Google maps tricked me! I am about to die, like seri- oh, the camera is filming. Hi people!" Jess said with a goofy smile. Shawn put his head in his hands.
"Can someone tell me why this is who I chose to be my girlfriend?"
"Because you luuuuuuuuuuve me." Jess said, leaning over Shawn and turning off the camera. "And because I happen to luuuuuuuuuve special occasions like birthdays. And yours is TOMORROW!"
Jess jumped up and down like a child who just ate a whole bowl of sugar. 
"Ok, calm down missy. It's just a birthday. I have had 17 of them already."
"But this is your first one with ME actually being with you and you actually knowing I exist."
Shawn shook his head, smiling and stood up, placing his guitar down. He and Jess walked downstairs and sat at the kitchen counter. His mom was cleaning.
"So Karen, is Shawn having a party or something?"
"Oh, we are just having some family and his close friends over. And you of course too."
"So no giant party with a DJ and celebrities? No Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran?"
"Jess, not every famous person has time for me. And frankly, I don't care." Shawn said, crushing her imagination. "All I want is to celebrate with people close to me. Not some idiot celebrities who don't give a dam about me." (Hi people, as you can see, Shawn says dam and yes, I am aware that it is spelled like the thing beavers make out of wood. I don't curse:)
"You think Ed is an idiot?"
"NO! Never, I'm just saying in general."
Jess laughed. Shawn's idol was Ed Sheeran and he would never say anything bad about him. Jess never met him, but hoped to in the future.
"Hey Jess, since you won't know to many people at the party, do you want to bring a friend?" Karen asked.
"Ok, sure. I'll bring my friend Jaime. Thanks!"

"Your welcome sweetie!" 

Jess pulled out her phone and texted Jaime.

Conversation:

Je: Hey! You, me, Shawn's party, tomorrow night?" The girls had their own form of language with sentences that were not full.

Ja: Sure! Shawn want me there?

Je: Yeah. Me no friends. Only him. And Aali. You come.

Ja: K. Tomorrow, you, my house, hang, go party.

Je: Ok! See ya then.

Ja: Adios amiga!

Je: Byyyyyeeeee

Jess put her phone down. "Jaime is coming."

"Great!" Shawn said. Jess grabbed her backpack.

"I gotta go."

"But you just got here." Shawn said with a puppy dog frown.

"I know, but I have...stuff do to."

"What is more important than me?"

"Lets just say it is something for you." Jess raised her eyebrows a few times, smiled mischievously and left.

Once she was out the door, Shawn sighed and watched her ride her bike away. "What have a got myself into?"