The End

Thank you so much for reading the whole book! Yes, this is the last chapter:( Hope this isn't too lame for an ending:)

10 Years Later

The sun was setting and a gentle breeze ran through the air. Jess and Shawn walked hand in hand through Central Park. So many memories were linked to this place.

"No! I was NOT embarrassed! You were SOOO embarrassed the first time we came here. You were scanning me like "Dam! That girl is HOT! What did I do?"" Jess said with a laugh.

"No I was not!" Shawn said back stubbornly.

"Oh yes you were! You still do!"

"Ok maybe I do." Shawn said quietly. Then the couple laughed. They had been recalling the first time they hung out, which was at this very park more then ten years ago.

"You know that we have been together for over ten years now." Jess had grown a little over the years and was now only a little less than half a head shorter than Shawn.

"Yup. And it has been the best ten years of my life." Shawn looked Jess in the eyes. The blue eyes that he knew so well, the ones he got lost in the second he saw them. She smiled.

"We have been a pretty great couple if you think about it. Look at Maddy and Matt! They hated each other the first few months then suddenly fell into deep love. And Jaime and Ian, who were in love from the beginning, then left for a few years, then came back to each other. We have been steady all of these years."

"We have. Yes, we have. Except those minor occasions with other people and misunderstandings."

"Oh my gosh, remember that fight over your ex that kissed you!" Jess exclaimed.

"Yeah, that was pretty funny. Well, not at the time but now that we look back at it, it was really stupid."

The couple walked through the path as the sun kept setting. Jess started to shiver a little and wrapped her arms around herself. The breeze had gotten a little stronger. Shawn noticed and took off his old maroon sweatshirt.

"Here, take this. I don't want you to be cold." He put it over her shoulders. Jess blushed and smiled. Even after all of these years, it still made the blood rush to her face every time Shawn was a gentleman. And that was almost all the time.

Then the breeze picked up to be a wind and leaves blew around. In the mist of leaves, one small flower flew through the air.

"Oooh! A flower!" Jess said and chased after it, running ahead of Shawn. After a few steps and a jump, she caught the flower in her hands. It had white pedals that were in many circles, one after the next, starting from the top of the stem. It was very beautiful. (Flower pictured above) "Shawn look! I caught the flower. It is so pret-!" Jess said gladly, turning back around the face Shawn. But he was not where she left him, standing up and relaxed. He was now on one knee, looking at her with a longing and serious face.

Jess put her hands over her mouth, dropping the flower. She was in complete shock. Was Shawn doing what she thought he was?

"Cupcake, you have been my shining star for the past ten years, reaching not just fame and importance in my eyes, but in the eyes of the public too. With three albums, two of them being top in the world, you have accomplished so much in just a few years. From the moment I saw you at that meet and greet, something happened in my heart that will never be fixed. At first, I was not sure what it was, but after some time, I came to a realization. What I was feeling was part of my heart leaving my body and entering another. Yours. Jess, you...you have become such an important person in my life. When we were just teenagers, people would say we were kids in love. That the crazy feeling we had was temporary. But years went by and we proved them wrong. You were still the life of my party, my never ending party. Any time with you is a party. It always has been. And I want it to be, forever. There are no more words to describe how deeply in love I am with you. I could go on and on about every memory we had together, but the would just be a BIG waste of time." Shawn laughed. He was tearing up and seemed to be trying hard not to cry.

Jess was still standing frozen, her hands covering her mouth. She was too surprised to smile or move or laugh. To cry, to shout, to scream.

Shawn went on. "I want to spend the rest of my life with a girl that will make me happy, that will be kind and helpful. One who cares about me and who I care about back. And I think I have found her. Jessica Danielle Messi, will you take my hand in marriage and spend the rest of my life at my side?" He pulled out a small box and opened it to reveal a split shank halo diamond ring. (look one up; they are beautiful) The diamond was pretty big and the rest of the ring was lined with smaller diamonds. The part of the ring loop that attached to the diamond was split. It was gorgeous.

The world stopped. The air stopped blowing. The leaves stopped flying. All hearts stopped beating. Jess couldn't feel anything. It was like all of the gravity had disappeared and she was floating toward the sky. The only things that existed were her and Shawn. They were all that mattered. Jess was not even aware that she was nodding her head yes. But her heart knew what it wanted. And she wanted Shawn.

"Yes?!" Shawn asked excitedly. "Is that a yes?! Will you marry me?!"

Jess slowly removed her hands that covered her mouth and quietly said "Yes."

Shawn ran up to her, grabbing her waist and lifting her. He spun her around in the air while he screamed "YES! SHE SAID YES! SHE SAID YES! I AM GETTING MARRIED! WE ARE GETTING MARRIED! YOU SAID YES!"

Jess laughed as she was spun in the air. Tears flowed from her eyes. She was engaged to Shawn Mendes. Who knew dreams could come true? When Shawn put her down, he went back on one knee and pulled the ring from the box. Then he slid it onto her finger. She no longer loved him the way a fan would love their idol or celebrity crush. That type of love disappeared years ago. Now it was a real love, the kind that only soul mates shared. Jess had thought about getting married to him a few times in the past, but always pushed away the thought. She never wanted to jinx it or get her hopes up for something unreal. Maybe that was why this was all happening. Because she was careful about thinking about it.

"We are getting married. You are gonna be my wife. My real Mrs. Mendes." he whispered. Jess put her hand on the side of his face. His big brown eyes stared into her blue one's.

"Yes I am." Jess let herself gently fall into Shawn's arms. "I love you muffin."

"I love you too cupcake."

The couple-to-be-married sat on the ground cuddled in each other's arms, staring into the closing sunset. After all of the years, everything they had been through, fame, confusion, new people, Jess and Shawn stayed together. It had all been worth it. Look what it had come to. They were really going to be together forever. And nothing was going to come between them. Ever.

"Your mine." Shawn whispered quietly into his fiancee's ear.

The End

You did it! You finished the story! I hope you liked it and that it was not too boring:) Shawn Mendes really is a person close to my heart, as you can tell, and I hope he is to you too. If not, hope you liked the story anyway. A lot of thanks to macat22 and Jaime2277 for supporting me and giving me so many ideas for this story! ilysm! If you want to read more about Shawn, check out my other story Shawn Mendes - The Vampire. Btw, go pre-order his new album Illuminate! THANKS! LOVE YOU! <3<3<3