Don't Leave

"Do you have to go to camp tomorrow?" Shawn asked Jess.

"Yes, I do. Thats why I have to leave now. If I'm getting up at seven tomorrow, I need a good nights rest." Jess stood up and walked to Shawn's room's door. They had hung out for a few hours and posted a few covers of songs. But Jess needed to leave now and Shawn didn't want her to. He had missed her during the tour and wanted to spend more time with her. 

Shawn stood up and blocked her from leaving. "No!" He said. Jess tried to get past him, but he was a lot stronger.

"I will punch you." Jess said trying to persuade him to move.

"No you won't." Shawn replied playfully.

"Oh yes I will! Don't doubt me Mendes!" Jess was going to push Shawn when he grabbed her arms and put them behind her back. He then leaned down and surprised her by putting his lips softly to hers. After a few moments, he let go of her arms and held her head gently. She wrapped her arms around him.

Jess knew she had to leave and that Shawn was just stalling to spend more time with her, but she just couldn't let go of him. Their kisses were rarely anything more than a peck. She had grown an inch or so since they first kissed, so she was a little taller, but it did not make much of a difference. Shawn still had to lean down or she had to go on her tippy toes. And he knew it was not comfortable for her to have to stand like that so he usually bent down, as he was doing now. Jess felt something rub against her head. When she focused on its feeling, she realized it was a bracelet. And from the pattern of the stitches, she knew it was the one she gave Shawn when they first met. He never took it off. He wore it every day, at every concert and every meet and greet. When he was in Europe, he especially never took it off because it reminded him of Jess. He got millions of bracelets all the time and chose to only wear hers. He was even wearing it when he went to the hospital after getting shot. They tried to take it off his wrist right before doing the surgery, but he would not let them.

Reluctantly, Jess pulled away from the kiss. Shawn looked at her sadly, for he never wanted it to be over. He wished he could spend every minute he had with her because once school started, she was never going to have time for him.

"I need to go Shawn."

"I know, I know. I just wish I could come with you to camp or something. Then I would get to spend more time with you."

"I do too. Wait, maybe you can. What if sometime this week you come and preform for the campers! Then for the rest of the day, you could hang with me around the camp!"

Shawn's face lit up. "Really?!"

"Yeah! Let me ask tomorrow and see if I can set it up. But would you do it for free?"

"I would do anything if it meant being with you." Shawn smiled and put his hands in Jess's. He put his forehead against hers.

"Ok then. We will see if a mini concert can be arranged. I will text you tomorrow. Bye muffin." Jess said. She gave Shawn a quick kiss and walked out the door that he was no longer blocking.

"Goodbye cupcake."

Next Day

Shawn & Jess texting- J: Jess and S: Shawn

J: Hellooooo. I talked to the guys at camp and they said that they would be delighted to have you perform. Since nothing is scheduled for tomorrow, they said you can come then. They want to know what you need.

S: Great! All I need is a microphone. That should be it. :) Did u have fun today?"

J: Yeah, had a lot of fun. Went to the beach today and funny enough, had some teenage girls a little older than me ask for a pic with me. They also told me to tell you that they loved you and that their names were Kayla and Lisa.

S: Well look who is becoming a little star!

J: They only wanted a picture with me because I am your girlfriend. They said they watched the videos of me singing with you. They said I was good and want me to post more.

S: You should cupcake! You sound amazing!

J: Not really:( The guys at camp also said for you to come at 11 and the performance will happen at 12. They couldn't believe u were coming and preforming for FREE!

S: Ok, gtg but I will see ya tomorrow at ur camp! Luv ya baby! :)

J: Luv u too (Btw, don't call me baby, it makes me feel weird like we are one of those attached, annoyingly adorable couples)

S: Ok, I won't...BABY! :):):):)