Chapter 5: The Uninvited Guest.

I awoke the next morning to find Lauren gone. I quickly jumped out of bed and headed downstairs where I could smell all sorts of things cooking Sausage,Bacon, French Toast possibly waffles etc. As I entered the doorway of the kitchen I noticed the girls were setting the table Camilla sat on the counter eating a Banana and laughing while talking with Ally who was concentrating on making her perfect French Toast and also chuckling at something. I glanced over to the table only to see Normani and Dinah once again taking selfies and making a Snapchat video about the food. I smiled, shook my head and walked into the kitchen I noticed that Lauren was no where in site. I caught a glimpse of a red convertible in the driveway. "Hey who's car is that?" I asked as I furrowed my brow at the girls. "Oh that's Brad's car Lauren's Boyfriend he and his band are here for a show later today and he wanted to come see her I hope it's OK that I gave him your address" Ally said looking at me with worried eyes. "Oh no that's fine"  I said I felt a sadness rush over me followed by anger but I brushed it off and leaned against the counter next to Camilla. Just then I heard loud laughter Lauren's laughter followed by a guy laughing I glanced up as Lauren and Brad entered the kitchen holding hands Brad leaned over and kissed Lauren and she blushed. I stood staring at them coldly but my expression quickly changed to a fake smile once Camilla gently nudged my arm "hey guys have a seat la comida is ready!" Ally exclaimed  as she smiled. I sat down next to Camilla while Lauren and Brad sat beside one another  giving one another puppy eyes I remained silent while everyone started to serve themselves. "Oh Y/N this is my boyfriend brad I wanted you to meet him"  Lauren said smiling at me I flicked my eyed towards brad, put on a fake smile "hey Brad it's nice to meet you" I said shaking his hand loosely his hands were as soft as mine. "wuss" I thought to myself "And you as well wow you have amazing blue eyes are those contacts?" he asked "Nope all natural buddy" I replied sarcastically "oh wow well it's nice to meet you Y/N "  he said as he grabbed the french toast and passed one to Lauren.  I picked a grape off of the stem and popped it into my mouth and watched as Lauren and Brad became all lovey- dovey at the table until I couldn't take it any more. "YEAH so, i'm not really that hungry i'm going to go to the guest house and paint"  I said as I got up from the table "hey are you OK?" Camilla whispered to me gently taking my hand "yeah i'm fine nice meeting you Brad"  I said  "you as well so Lauren told me that you're an artist, maybe I can come look at your work?" he replied "No, no one sees my artwork unless I invite them"  I said looking at him coldly Camilla gently pulled my arm "baby stop" she mouthed to me and I straightened my attitude. "I mean I am private with my artwork, I usually don't allow anyone to see it until I feel it's good enough" I replied with a fake smile "look you all enjoy breakfast it looks amazing Ally but I suddenly lost my appetite I'll be in the guest house"  I said  &  quickly exited the Kitchen and headed outside towards the back of the house. Once I got inside paint flew everywhere and a few paintbrushes as well My anger had gotten the best of me at this point but I didn't care. I was pissed that Brad was here, in my house with Lauren, kissing her, holding her hand. wait.. what the hell was my problem?! Lauren was my best friend since childhood, we weren't together, how could I think of her like that! in that moment I knew what my problem was... I was falling in love with my best friend. About 3 hours had passed  when I heard the front door to the guest house open, I didn't attempt to see who it was instead, I continued painting and ignored the footsteps behind me it wasn't long before I felt a hand touch my shoulder I did't flinch I just continued painting. "how'd you get in here?" I asked with a bit of anger in my voice "The door was unlocked"  it was Lauren of all people I didn't acknowledge her I just continued painting "I can go if you don't want me in here" she said sadly "No, you can stay"  I said refusing to turn my eyes to her as I dipped the paintbrush into the black paint."Hey, talk to me I'm not used to seeing you like this did I do something?'' she said gently touching my arm which caused me to finally stop painting. I turned to her and began to say something but turned away and shook my head. "So Brad he's a nice guy huh" I said completely changing the tension in the room "yeah, he's a sweetheart he's got this band called The Vamps they are playing downtown at a club tonight" she responded happily "oh that's cool.. so are you going to see him play?"  I asked raising an eyebrow, "yeah I was planning on it" she said smiling as I looked over at her I walked over to the sink to wash my brushes off anger and sadness began building up in me once again and I tried not to show it. "Ok, well I hope you all have fun" I said nonchalantly   "hey what's gotten into you lately you've been acting not like yourself since you met brad" she asked walking up to me as I dried my hands. "I am how I have always been Lauren I haven't changed"  I said sarcastically "bullshit!, don't give me that bullshit! as soon as Brad showed up, you have been ignoring me and treating me so coldly"  she spat at me I scoffed at her,  rolled my eyes and mumbled something under my breath "you're jealous aren't you?" she said as she stood in front of me blocking my path she stared straight in to my eyes her green eyes burning into mine "what the hell are you even getting at Lauren?" I explained furrowing my brow and rolling my eyes at her. I then attempted to walk away from her but she pushed me  against a wall and blocked my path once again. "you know exactly what I am getting at!"  she raised her voice and pushed me again.I chuckled because she was kinda hot when she was angry. "what's so funny? this is serious" she said glaring at me. "No, it's really not Lauren now can I please go-" I asked calmly shaking my head at her. "No, I'm not letting you leave until you admit that you're in love with me and the thought of me being with brad pisses you off"  she said cutting me off  "nailed it"  I thought to myself.  I stared at her, her eyes were intense and as green as a four leaf clover. "look you've been through some shit I know that but don't get pissed at me because I am happy with him be happy for me don't make me feel like I am doing something wrong! you decided to shut yourself out of love and anything that has to do with the subject and now that you are falling for me you don't know how to handle yourself or your feelings!" she replied looking at me with a raised eyebrow "Fuck you Lauren!"  I shouted  as I pushed past her  she grabbed my arm and pushed me back against the wall before I could react her lips were pressed against mine. I reacted immediately by reciprocating  the kiss. Her lips were incredibly soft and plump I felt a shock wave of electricity fire through my body. Lauren slowly pulled away from me ending the kiss. We stared at each other for a moment. I didn't want her to know that I enjoyed the kiss nor that it shocked me, I put on a serious face and erased my emotions. "Have fun with Brad tonight"  I said as I gently pushed away from her I exited the guesthouse and slamming the door behind me leaving her alone.