Chapter 9:Chasing Time

"Perfect!" I thought to myself . I had professionally set up the living room to look like one huge yet comfortable bed. I had a long sectional sofa so the girls could have their own area to relax in while we watched our movies. I  was just finishing up the finishing touches  when Lauren walked in. "Oh hey Lo" I said smiling at her as I continued puffing the pillows I turned to look at her and noticed that she was wearing white booty shorts and a dark blue cut off shirt and her body looked amazing in it. I caught myself staring at her and once I realized what I was doing she giggled "Like what you see?" she  said mimicking me "God Yes" I thought to myself but quickly replied with an innocent "huh?"  "ha you were staring like I was a piece of meat" she exclaimed between laughs as she  made her way to the sofa "psh I was not"   I chuckled and threw a pillow towards her "ha ,yeah you were" she said smirking at me. "Well you do have a beautiful body Lauren I won't lie about that, And it's kinda hard not to look at you I mean you were standing right in front of me" I said trying to prove a point. "Mhm, keep telling yourself that" she said. I glanced over to her she had her eyes closed as she ran her hand through her hair and flipped it to one side" god she was so beautiful ...wait, no stop don't get attached and do not fall for her just fucking don't she'll only break your heart " my inner voice was shouting to me. I stared at Lauren for a good while until I heard the girls descending the staircase I then quickly turned my gaze towards the entrance of the living room and smiled as they all walked in together "wad up dawg"Dinah said fist bumping me "Sup DJ" I replied smiling at her. "I am so excited for this movie night just all of us together " Ally said with a huge Kool Aid smile on her face " I got my lucky Banana socks on! what whaaat" Camila chimed in she could be so fucking adorable at times. I watched as the girls took their places on the sofa and I wondered to myself, "How did I get so blessed to have these girls as friends"  I was about to take my seat in the center of the sofa when I felt a hand gently take mine, I stopped and looked down "come cuddle with me" Lauren pleaded in her cute baby voice.I glanced at the girls and noticed that all of the girls had big smiles on their faces. I glanced over at Normani who was trying to be discreet at nodding her head telling me to cuddle with Lauren. I turned back to Lauren and smiled as I walked over to her side "no,behind me" she said as she stood up to allow me to lay down I got in to a comfy position on my back and Lauren slipped in  in front of me and scooted close she pulled the covers up to her neck and lay her head on my chest. "Awwwwww" the girls said in unison "SNAPCHAT!"  Dinah hollered" "no Dinah don't " Lauren giggled.  "Let's start the movie you guys I really wanna see this but Camilla you have to sit beside me because I cant watch this stuff" Ally protested and we all laughed Ally was very girly and Horror movies were not her cup of tea if even a door slammed she was screaming and jumping it was hilarious. I started the movie and the lights dimmed causing all of the girls to tense up. Lauren scooted closer to me and hid her face for a second "they've only rolled the opening credits" I whispered to her and giggled. I must admit during the movie, I found it hilarious how the girls screamed and jumped especially Ally and Dinah. Normani got to a point where she was "praying" and Ally kept her head turned during the gory parts. I loved horror movies so none of the scenes bothered me. as I began to start Hostel 2 when Camila chimed in " How did we get through this without popcorn guys!" "oh my gosh yess let's go pop some" Dinah said snatching Ally off the sofa who to  no surprise still hiding her face under a pillow. "we'll be back love birds" Dinah said laughing. I playfully rolled my eyes at her and threw a pillow "Hey bring some snacks from the cabinet! " I  hollered before they got to far away "And drinks too" Lauren added. "yeah,yeah" Dinah hollered back her voice trailing off. I tapped Lauren on the shoulder and she looked up at me, our eyes met  god her eyes were so beautiful "are you OK?" I asked "yeah, I'm fine why?" she replied furrowing her brows at my question. "I -I just wanted to check on you... I mean we haven't really talked about Brad since-" "I dont wanna talk about that asshole" she replied looking down at the floor Lauren took my hand and intertwined our fingers together causing me to look down at her she looked at me, smiled, and kissed my cheek "I'm sorry I just don't want to think about him right now" she said "I understand,But you know  I care about you so I have to make sure that you are OK" I replied as I stared at the wall.