Chapter 21: The Promise

"I think I'll take that one" I said staring at the Diamond encrusted ring inside of the display case. "And this necklace as well" I exclaimed pointing to a heart necklace also diamond encrusted. "Ah yes a very good selection dear we just got these in yesterday you're going to make someone very happy" the older man behind the counter stated with a clown smile. "Yeah they are for my girlfriend" I said smiling back at him as I glanced over the items "Oh how lovely sweetheart you know my granddaughter is a lesbian as well and she and her fiance just tied the knot they had a beautiful wedding reception in hawaii.. young love is beautiful especially now with the changing times I am so glad the same sex marriage law passed it's a beautiful thing because after all love is love and the heart does not judge" he exclaimed with a smile "I agree, so umm how much for both?" I asked curiously not that the price mattered "Oh yes that will be $22,568" he replied looking at me though his glasses that hung off the tip of his nose "okay" I said handing him my black card" he took it happily, swiped it and gave me the receipt. I thanked the older man and exited the store my heart pounded in my chest I can't believe that I was about to do this a promise ring was almost like an engagement ring but I was sure that this was what I wanted to pledge my love to the woman I was madly and helplessly in love with a commitment to her and only her. I shoved the small bag containing the ring and necklace I to my pocket and headed for my Range rover.

*time forward* (back at the house)

Somehow, I managed to sneak into the house and up the stairs to Lauren and is room and hide the gifts in a secret compartment inside the closet. After I was finished and the surprise was secure, I searched the house for the girls only to find that they were all relaxing by the pool I watched through the glass plated French doors as Lauren got into a comfortable position her shades drawn on her face and her long black hair flipped to one side. God she was so beautiful I found myself entranced by her and sometimes unable to speak.after staring for what seemed like hours I finally decided to make my way to the girls opening the
doors and closing them quietly so as not to disturb their tanning time. As I got closer I could hear soft melodic tone a emitting from the radio "hmm" I thought to myself. Maybe they were meditating. "Heyy babe" I heard a beautiful raspy voice say. I turned to see a pair of green eyes looking at me "Hey beautiful" I said as I leaned down to give my girlfriend a kiss "mmm one more" she whined. I kissed her one more and then again. "Oh hey girl don't be sneakin' up on us like a thief" Dinah said she sat lounged back in her chair with her shades on the sun loved her skin. "Ha sorry I thought you girls heard me" I replied with a chuckle " So listen I was thinking I'd cook dinner for us tonight" I said with a raised brow Dinah shades lowered her eyes narrowed towards me "what you had in mind?" She asked skeptically "hmm I was thinking maybe a nice prime rib with sautéed veggies,dinner rolls maybe some red win-" " girl yes!" Ally chimed cutting me off as she raised her hands as if she were having prayer. "Ooo baby that sounds delicious" Lauren said "I love me some prime rib" Normani protested.

*time forward*

I stood in the kitchen carefully seasoning the rib eyes when I felt Arms wrap around me. "Hey baby need any help with anything?" Lauren asked as she kissed my shoulder "hmm actually would you like to start the salad?" I asked as I turned to kiss her head. "Oh yeah that sounds fun" she smiled as she stood aside awaiting my instructions. "Ok" I said drying my hands off with a napkin and walking over to Lauren I noticed she was staring at me biting her lip "what?" I asked looking at her confused "Nothing you just look really sexy when you cook" she said smiling at me "If you think that's sexy, then you should see me baking flour flying everywhere it's the sexiest thing ever I gotta tell ya" I said teasing her which earned me a cute slap on the arm. I went to the fridge and pulled out a cucumber,grape tomatoes,red onion, and romaine lettuce. Lauren watched closely as I placed them on the counter "Ok I've already chopped the lettuce for you so all you have to do is just chop these veggies ok?" I said handing her a sharp knife I walked back to my area and be can chopping chopping shallots I noticed Lauren hadn't started chopping and I turned to her "babe you ok?" I asked "umm I don't " " Oh shit i'm sorry of course" I said walking up to her and taking the knife "Ok hmm let's start with the cucumber what you wanna do I'm take it and chop the ends off , slice and chop on the bias which is like at an angle" I glanced up at Lauren who looked confused " Here I'll show you" I stood close behind her pressing my front against her back I reached around and took her hands in mine as she held the knife. "Ok start slow baby the worst thing you wanna do is try and chop like a pro" I placed her hands on the knife and demonstrated "Ok just take it and slice down" I said gently pushing her hand down. I gently moved her hair out of the way exposing her Dragonfly tattoo on the back of her neck without warning I began kissing her neck and lost focus on our demonstration. "Mmm babe what if the girls walk in" Lauren said breathlessly So what let's give em a show" I whispered as I placed kisses down her neck she let out a soft breathless moan. "Book a room" Dinah voice boomed " Shit " Lauren whispered harshly, giggled, and backed up "So do you have it now?" I asked smirking "mhm" she responded shaking her head vigorously I could tell that I had her turned on it was cute and extremely funny knowing how she had to control her sexual desire for me in front of the girls. I returned to seasoning the prime rib.