Chapter 6: Getting Closer

The Girls left the house around  4 pm to go watch Brand and his lame band play downtown. I let the girls borrow my car with the exception that Ally would be the driver since she was in fact the oldest. Lauren and I hadn't spoken to one another since we kissed in the guesthouse earlier and we avoided contact with one another. The girls had been gone for about an Hour when I decided to get up and clean around the house and possibly cook for them.. another thing that relaxed me was cooking. About 3 hours later, I hear a car pull up into the garage followed by the girls all laughing together as they entered the house. "Oh My gosh it smells like heaven in here"  I hear Ally say as she walked into the kitchen  I was just setting the table. I looked up at her smiling  "Why thank you I've just got to make the salad and  dinner will be ready" "good because we are starving girl"  Dinah said kicking her heels off into the living room and plopping down on the sofa in the living room."what's cookin'  " Camila asked as she lifted the lid to the pots  "Spaghetti n Meatballs with my homemade sauce, a nice garden salad,garlic bread, and for dessert something special"  I said in my Italian accent  "Do you need any help with anything sweetie?" Ally asked me in her motherly voice "No,no you girls just run along and get ready i'll have everything done soon"  I said happily as I began to chop cucumbers and tomatoes. Lauren hadn't even crossed my mind until I felt arms wrap around my waist and a body pressed against me "I'm sorry about earlier, do you hate me?" a sweet,raspy, voice asked her voice was so sweet, so soothing I closed my eyes for a minute because I secretly loved the feeling of her warmth. I stopped chopping and turned to face Lauren, she backed up a little and looked at me. "I'm sorry I upset you, and I'm sorry that I kissed you because I was stupid and it was stupid and I had no right getting upset in the first place and you were right about what you said so.. I apologize to you for that."  I reached out to touch her face   she closed her eyes and smiled "HEY DAWG where's that food!"  Dinah burst through the door making us jump "Right here"  I explained as I carried the salad to the table the girls helped me carry the rest of the food to the table. Dinner went over well the girls were stuffed afterwards and I believe that Dinah and Ally had 2 plates. After dinner, we all decided to put a scary movie on and I suggested Hostel and Hostel 2 the girls agreed never having seen either movie. I was in the kitchen finishing up the dishes when Lauren walked in "Thanks for the dinner it was amazing" she said as she kissed me on the cheek. "My pleasure"  I told her smirking as I put away the last of the plates"HEY LAUREN COME QUICK!!" we heard Dinah holler from the living room I nodded off for Lauren to go and she ran into the living room with the girls "what the hell how could he do this shit to me!!"  I heard Lauren scream her voice filled with hurt  "Oh Lauren  we are so sorry" I overheard Ally say.  I heard footsteps running up the steps, peeked around the corner and saw Lauren making a b-line for her room her hands covering her face I watched as she entered her room,slammed the door and began screaming profanities and crying. I put the last of the plates up and entered the living room  "what the hell just happened?" I asked drying my hands off with the dish towel and setting it on a chair all of the girls looked at me with a mix of anger and sadness on their faces "There was a news report on the vamps Brad slut-shamed Lauren and was filmed kissing a girl that wasn't Lauren backstage"  Camila said scratching her neck ."what the fuck!?"  I yelled as I headed up the stairs to Lauren's room. I pounded on Lauren's door "Lauren it's me"  I said softly."Go away! I don't wanna talk to anybody!"  she shouted back I could tell that she was crying. "Lauren please let me in"  I pleaded, suddenly I heard the door knob click and I slowly opened the door. Lauren was standing in the middle of the floor her eyes were puffy and red she looked up at me and broke down "h-h-he " she stuttered  "I know baby I know but he's a fucking asshole that's his loss"  I said to her as I hugged her trying to console her "he didn't deserve you anyway"  I said as I kissed her head.  Lauren buried her head in my chest and her body went weak I picked her up and placed her in bed, I  grabbed a few napkins and wiped her tears away "don't cry Lauren"  I told her as she looked into my eyes. she sniffed and took a few deep gasping breathes trying to control her breathing " breathe baby ,breathe he's not worth it he really isn't for a guy to do something as low as that to a beautiful girl like you he fuckin' lost out" I exclaimed to her "And anyway how could you kiss something like that he has like no fat in his lips" I said furrowing my brow  Lauren giggled and looked up at me our eyes locked in an unbreakable stare her eyes slowly moved from my eyes to my lips then back to my eyes. I sat up a little  "I um I should let the girls come and talk to you now, I'm not really good at this kinda thing"  I said getting off of the bed I opened the door to see all 4 girls standing by the door. "She's all yours I said walking past them"  "wait, you're not going to come?" Normani asked ''Nah i'm kinda tired I'm gonna call it an early night" I said without turning to see the looks on their faces "well goodnight Y/N we love you" they all said. "Love you too"  I said  as I rounded the hallway. I closed my room door and slumped beside it  this can not be happening to me right now I thought to myself I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't ever fall in love or get attached to anyone and Lauren of all people!! but I couldn't help it.. I was seriously falling in love with her as much as I tried to hide it and deny it, the truth was still evident and I was scared.