Chapter 8: As The Days Go By

*3 days pass since the Brad incident*    11:45 am  I am outside pouring gasoline into a push mower. The girls are helping me work in the yard it's a cool yet sunny day and there is a nice breeze blowing so I we were not sweating much. Lauren decided to be a team player and help plant some flowers around the front of the yard. "OK let's see if I can fire this thing up"  I say to myself as I attempted to pull the starter. The mower starts up like a charm and I began my journey making a perfect pattern around the yard. After about 30 minutes, the weather began to change and the heat finally surfaced. I was still mowing the lawn and sweating like a pig so I decided to remove my shirt exposing my nice abs, slim but athletic body and my toned arms. I stopped mowing for a minute to run into the kitchen ,grab a towel from the linen closet and a bottle of water from the fridge. The girls were to busy laughing at  something or other and once again Normani & Dinah were being Selfie Queens for Twitter and Instagram. I ran into the kitchen and switched a fan on to cool off a little. I stood in front of the fan for a bit and then grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. I walked into the hallway and opened the linen closet to grab a towel to wipe my face. "Jesus fuck !" I shouted as I closed the door Lauren was standing right behind the ."Sorry I thought you heard me coming" she said giggling I watched her eyes slowly scan my body and she bit her bottom lip as I wiped the sweat off of my face. "Like what you see"  I responded braking her trance "w-what?huh?" she responded her eyes shot back up at me  her face turning red as a tomato. "You were staring pretty hard Jauregui" I stated chuckling at her and then smirking. "No I wasn't " she said as she flipped her hair to one side she walked past me and playfully pushed me into the wall. "hey what was that for?" I laughed as she followed me into the kitchen. I proceeded to grab more water bottles from the fridge for the girls."For thinking I was staring at you"  Lauren responded with a smirk "shheah because you were "  I laughed as we both walked outside. I handed each of the girls a cold bottle of water. Ally was watering the flowers, Camila was taking a banana break , and Dinah and Normani were sitting down talking, taking a break and sipping their water. "Well, I 'm going to go ahead and finish this lawn I've just got a few more rounds to do" I told Lauren "Oh can I help?" she asked.. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.."you wanna mow the lawn?"  I responded sarcastically as if she couldn't do it . "yeah why you don't think I can do it?" she said walking up to me  "no,no I didn't say that it's just a bit hard to mow and you are feminine so"  "what does me being feminine have to do with it ? she snapped and playfully pushed me onto the grass. "ohhhhhhh you done did it now"  Normani hollered from across the lawn "UH OHH BEAT DOWN!''  Dinah chimed in   "Jerry!,Jerry!,Jerry! "  Camila and Ally hollered  I stood in front of Lauren laughing as her face turned red I could tell that she was getting angry "Give me that damn thing" she said shoving me out of the way and attempting to start the lawn mower. I watched in amusement as Lauren attempted and failed to start the mower "Need some help there darling?" I asked "Fuck off I have it" she said playfully between laughs as she attempted to start the mower again. Finally after about 6 tries, the mower started with a loud roar and Lauren was off doing her thing, She did pretty damn good for her first time mowing a lawn and I must say I was pretty impressed. When Lauren finished, I pushed the mower back into the shed and followed the girls into the kitchen where Camila who cut out early to take a shower and make everyone her famous turkey sandwiches was int he kitchen with Ally laughing. "Oh my gosh food feed me"  I pleaded . We all sat around the table eating our sandwiches that Camila had specially prepared Dinah told a few unfunny jokes but we all laughed anyway. "well, I smell like grass I am heading up to take a hot shower" I professed as I carried my plate to the sink "yeah we all need a good shower" Ally Chimed in the girls all agreed and made their way up the stairs to their rooms "Hey how about a movie night tonight?!" Is shouted back from the kitchen "YEAH!"  they all said in unison. "cool beans" I said to myself as I started up the staircase to my room down the hall.

please leave comments and let me know if this chapter was ok? i kinda rushed through because the feels between Y/n and lauren are about to get intense. :)