Chapter 2

"So, is this a secret? Or can I go and brag about it?" I asked. 

Kelly grinned. "You can do whatever you want with it. It's yours." I hugged her. 

"Really, thank you." 

Soon, she left me alone with the game. I tore off the plastic wrapping and admired the cover. The art done for the cover was beautiful. It seemed like they were reusing the starters from gen 1. 

I opened the box quickly. "Ow!" I yelped as I somehow managed to cut myself on smooth plastic. Sighing, I got up and went to go find a Band-Aid. When I came back, I felt a little dizzy. "Oh come on Y/N, you didn't lose more than a drop of blood," I muttered under my breath.My head suddenly felt very heavy. I stumbled and tripped over a chair, onto the floor. I tasted blood; did I bite my lip? 

"Y/N? Y/N!" I heard from the doorway. 

"Oh, h-hi mom," I mumbled. It was hard to move my tongue, was I having a stroke? What were the symptoms of a stroke, again? I couldn't remember.

"Did you trip? Are you okay?" I heard, but I couldn't tell who was talking, I couldn't seem to open my eyes. 

"Psh, no... I just... like t-the f-floor." I passed out.

---

I woke up. At least, I think I woke up, I felt awake. However, there was nothing around me to prove I was awake. There was only empty, never-ending darkness. For some reason I could still see myself, as if I were glowing. I still had my Band-Aid on my finger, but I could tell the cut was gone, it no longer hurt. I bit my lip with worry and tasted blood for a second, but then it was gone. Did I just heal?

I was still trying to figure out what happened, when a man appeared in front of me. He had straight brown hair and was wearing a spotless lab coat. A lab coat? Was I kidnapped by the government? I ruled out that idea. They would have no reason to; I'm not special. I'm wasn't very athletic, my grades were average, and I don't didn't superpowers.

At least I didn't think I had any.

Then, the man spoke. "Hello there!" he said and I froze. What was he going to say next? He sounded fairly normal, but then again, they might just want me to think that.

"H-Hi," I mumbled back, and waved my hand in greeting.

"Welcome to the world of Pokemon!"

 I stopped, my hand mid-wave. "What? Pokemon? What do you mean 'the world of pokemon?'" I questioned, but he didn't respond. 

"My name is Professor Oak," he continued. "but everyone calls me the Pokemon Professor. This is what we call a pokemon." And then he sent out a pokemon.

There was a real life Mareep in front of me. "W-What?" I said. "How did you... What is this?" But he still didn't respond. When I edged away from him, his eyes didn't follow me. Was this a hologram? As I tried to figure it out, he kept talking.

"This world is widely inhabited by creatures known as Pokemon. We humans live alongside pokemon; some people use pokemon as pets." No, he was definitely solid, but he didn't respond when I waved my hand in front of his face. "And others use pokemon to fight."

I was about to poke him in the eye when I felt something fluffy against my leg. I looked down to see the Mareep staring into my eyes. "Well hello," I said and started to pet her. She 'baa'ed' cutely and waggled her tail. She was much cuter than sheep in reality. 

"Myself, I study pokemon as a profession. First, are you a boy? Or are you a girl?"

I sighed. I knew this question would be coming, but I didn't know how to answer him when he didn't respond. "I'm a girl." I said, but as expected, he didn't respond. I raised my hands in mock defeat. "Fine, I don't know what you want me t-" A screen appeared in front of me. I lowered my hands. How did that get there? The screen disappeared. What?

I raised my left hand. Nothing. I raised my right hand, the screen appeared. "Oh," I said, feeling stupid. "I guess that makes sense." There were two buttons on the screen. On the right in pink said 'girl' and on the left in blue said 'boy'. "Stereotypes."

Underneath the word 'girl' was a picture of a girl that I assumed would be my character in the game. I rolled my eyes, however upon closer inspection, that character looked like me. No, that was me. She had h/c hair and e/c eyes. Not only that, but she was wearing (outfit) like I was.

I looked at the boy character. There was nothing there. I tried clicking on it, nothing happened. So, I clicked on 'girl'. The buttons disappeared. 

"Alright, what's your name?" I raised my hand and a keyboard appeared. "y/n" I typed. "Ah, you're y/n whose moving in next door to me?" I clicked yes. "Ah! I get it now. Are you ready? Your very own adventure is about to unfold...." And then, I woke up... again.

What do you think? This you is a little longer than the last chapter, but I think the length will normally be like the last one. Thanks for reading! *rawr*