Chapter 13

I'm back with an extra chapter, because it's my birthday!! :D I went on my pokémon game, and when I went into the pokecenter, there was a birthday cake on the healing machine and everything. T~T It was great.

'Oh no, ohnohnohnohnohno.' Was basically what was going through my head as I heard their conversation. It sounded like this:

Possible thief1: "Do you think someone's in there?

Possible thief2: "Probably. Why else would there be a tent here?"

Possible thief3: "How many pokemon do they have? Can you tell?"

[incoherent muttering]

Possible thief2: "Two. A charmeleon and a... magikarp."

I froze, how did they know that?

Possible thief1: Ha, easy. That charmeleon will probably sell for a lot on the black market.

Definite thief2: Idiot! Don't say that out loud, the could be awake.

Definite thief1: Oh sorry, should we grab them?

Their conversation went on, but I ignored them as I prepared for their attack. "Charmeleon! Splashy!" I hissed. They woke up. I ignored sleepy Charmeleon's glare as I returned Splashy to her pokeball. I definitely didn't want the thieves to know that she was shiny. I packed up everything in the tent, and put it away.

Then, I turned to the still-sleepy charmeleon. "On the count of three, jump out," I whispered.

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three!"

I gave a battle cry as we sprinted out of the tent. The looks on the thieves' faces were priceless. Or at least, they probably would have been if we could see their faces. Instead, half of their faces were covered up by black cloths with a large red 'R' on them.

Team Rocket? I ran past them, Charmeleon right behind me. We ran through bushes, around trees, and over the occasionally boulder. The only problem was:

I'm quite out of shape.

After about a quarter of a mile, I was panting hard. Half a mile, it felt like I was dying. "Let's stop... please," I begged Charmeleon. He looked worried, but slowed down a little. I could almost feel anime tears running down my face. I ran towards him for a hug in slow motion. "Thank youuu~" 

I was in the middle of giving Charmeleon a big hug, when I heard a voice behind me. "Aw, how cute. Now, hand over your pokemon." Of course they had caught up to me.

"Never!" I growled.

"Fine, Caterpie, string shot," A short thief said. I almost laughed. Caterpie? They wouldn't stand a chance against Charmeleon. But then, I was thrown against a tree with a sticky substance. Oh, String shot, right...

Charmeleon looked at me, waiting for a signal to bite the string away. I shook my head. Not Yet. I kind of wanted to listen to them waste their time telling me they're backstory, like the evil group always does.

"So, Team Rocket, huh?" I snarled. All three of them stared at me, as if offended. "Team Rocket? They were caught years ago! We are the new... and improved... Team Rage!" They all said together complete with jazz hands.

I barely my laugh. They could be comedians. Their outfits didn't look as weird as some have been though; They were basically red dry-fit T-shirts, black jeans, and shiny black belt, and tennis shoes. The "leader" I supposed had a black leather jacket too. "So, you're here to steal my pokémon?" I asked them.

"Not quite, we were just coming to take over Viridian, running into is just a plus," One of them said. He had black hair with one red piece of hair hanging over his red eyes. He seemed pretty smug for such a tough goal. "What makes you think the three of you can take over Viridian by yourselves? You know, Brock is there right now. He'll beat you up easily." It seemed that the groups just became more idiotic as each generation passed.

"Well," the same Team Rage said. "We have our buddies in Viridian waiting for us. And Brock? Ha, he shouldn't be much trouble. He didn't stand up against us when we took over Pewter."