Chapter 23

The next day we began to walk again. I tried to shake the feeling of unease that my dream had left in me, but I couldn't. If it was just the dream, maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but Meg had told me that there had been a(n) f/c aura around me, which really creeped me out. Something was up, I just didn't know what yet.

Although I was nervous, I tried not to show it. My pokemon would be concerned if they knew that something was wrong and I needed them to be at the top of their game for what's coming next.

"So, what are we going to do when we get to their base?" Jack asked, breaking the silence.

"What do you mean? We're going to take them down, aren't we?"

He gave me a look. "You can't really expect us, only three people, to defeat the whole of team Rage, can you? There are dozens of them there!"

"Yeah, y/n maybe this isn't the best plan," Meg said nervously.

"What? No! We're already half way there! And if we can just defeat Z, then the rest of them won't know what to do! It's simple!" I exclaimed.

"Defeat Z? You can't defeat Z!"

"Not with that attitude you can't!"

"No really!" Jack said seriously. "There's a reason everyone is so scared of him. He's never been beaten! Apparently, he used to be one of the elite four, but they kicked him out because he was hurting challenger's pokemon too much."

"Jack, the elite four haven't changed in the last 10 years, what you heard was probably false," Meg pointed out.

"That doesn't mean he's not strong! I really think we should go back."

"Oh? Having a change of heart?" I asked, smirking. "With or without you, I'm going in there, and I'm the one with the stone, but it's really your choice if you want to go back."

He sighed and followed us as he mumbled about how we were all going to die.

"Um, y/n?" Meg asked me quietly.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"I know I'm kind of out of the loop here, but what's the stone?"

I sighed. I knew I was going to have to tell her sooner or later, but I was hoping it would be later; I didn't want to promise another one of the trio to someone when I still didn't know if the stone would work or not.

I decided to tell her. "It's- Well, it's a small stone that I found when I went under cover and it can someone all the birds of the trio," I said quickly.

"Ha, well. That's not what I expected to hear."

I stared at her suspiciously. "You seem pretty okay with it."

"Well, how am I supposed to react?"

"I dunno, maybe 'What? Wow! Cool!' I mean, you can at least faint!" I said, pouting jokingly. We both laughed as we continued walking.

"Are you feeling better?" She asked softly.

"What?"

"You know, after last night."

"Oh." I wasn't sure what to say. I can't just say 'Yeah, I had a nightmare about shadows chasing me and falling off a charizard that I don't even had yet. Plus, the fact that I was glowing, so maybe someone is controlling my dreams.' I wouldn't sound crazy at all.

"Yeah, I feel a little bit better, just tired."

"Well, tell me if you want to take a break, we can't have you getting tired before the big fight!" Meg said cheerfully.

"Thanks, speaking of which, I'm going to ask Jack about when we're going to get there so we can plan our attack a little bit more," I said to Meg, hoping to change the topic.

"No need to," Jack commented behind us. "We're here."

A bit of a filler chapter :/

The next one should be up on Saturday, because I'm getting my class schedule on Friday. Have you guys gotten yours yet? I'm kind of nervous because I'm going to be taking two French classes this year so I can just get them out o the way, but it's going to be boring :P

Hope you guys are having a great summer! Thanks for reading! *rawr*