Chapter 12

It wasn't long before I woke up. I woke up Charmeleon and Splashy who had fallen asleep at the foot of my bed. We headed off to the next city, Pewter. Before we left, I bought some supplies from the Pokecenter like a sleeping bag, some snacks for my pokemon, and a tent. Somehow, this all fit in my backpack, but I didn't question it.

"Ya know," I said to Charmeleon as we were walking through Viridian forest. "Usually, the first town after the starting town doesn't have a gym." I had been thinking about this for a while. Originally, I didn't think Viridian had a gym, but when Adam said something, I just accepted it. I mean, he does live in the world.

Eventually, the sun sank below the tree tops and the stars came out. I could see a couple through the trees, but none of the constellations seemed familiar to me. I sent up the tent as Charmeleon gathered some sticks and twigs for a fire. When that was set up, I released Splashy from her pokeball; I had put her away earlier after she had gotten tired from flopping around so much.

I started roasting a pidgey over the fire for Charmeleon while Splashy and I ate some berries that I had grabbed from a nearby bush. I was kind of grossed out by the whole eating-pokemon thing, but there was a café in Viridian that had been selling milktank meat, and Charmeleon seemed perfectly fine with this.

Charmander finished his food before I had even finished collecting all our berries, so he went a little way off and starter trying to lift a random boulder for training. I watched in amusement before turning back to collect more berries. Soon, I started hearing choking noises from the clearing.

I rushed back, "ARE YOU GUYS OKA-" Splashy was hanging out of Charmeleon's mouth, looking scared. When Charmeleon saw the angry look on my face, he looked scared too. We ate the rest of the meal in silence.

We ate, and then all slept in the tent together. If I was going to catch more pokemon, I was going to need a bigger tent.

~short time skip~

I woke up in the middle of the night, my stomach rumbling. I probably should not have eaten random berries that I found in a forest. They looked like Oran berries, but maybe they were those berries you find in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Oren berries.

I hope that Splashy feels okay.

I went over to the same bush I had found the berries on and threw my guts up all over it, hoping no pokemon would have to feel the pain I was feeling. When I started to feel better, but emptier, I heard voices from faintly up ahead. They sounded like they were getting louder,

As all the warnings about being alone at night passed through my head, I tried to calm myself down. Don't worry, y/n. A lot of people probably pass through these woods. Maybe not at night, but that doesn't mean they're dangerous.

They were definitely coming closer; I could see the bobbing light of a flashlight through the trees. I put dirt over the fire and dragged all of my stuff into the f/c tent and held my breath as they passed by, hoping that they wouldn't see me.

"Hey, is that a tent?"

They saw me.

Into Pokemon (reader-insert)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara