Chapter 22

My h/c blew in the wind as I flew through the air. The scene seemed peaceful, yet for some reason I felt scared. I looked around, trying to figure out what was bothering me.

As I looked around, I noticed a couple of things. First, I was riding on a charizard. I could only assume that this was a grown-up Charmeleon, but he hadn't evolved yet. Second, the sun seemed to be stuck on the horizon, I couldn't tell if it was sunrise or sunset and the sun wasn't rising or sinking, it was just there.

The third and most unsettling thing, is that there were three large shadows chasing behind me, and they were catching up to us quickly.

This was probably the reason I felt panicked. I face forward and tried to ignore the ominous flapping of wings coming from behind me. 'Is there anything I have that can help me?' I asked myself. 'I should check my backpack.'

I reached over my shoulder for my backpack, but realized that it wasn't there. 'My pokeballs are usually on my backpack strap, does that mean that they're gone too?'

Charizard growled softly and I looked down to see my f/c back pack hanging out of his mouth. I leaned over him to grab it, to hopefully fins something that could get me out of this mess, but I slipped and fell towards the quickly approaching ground.

I fell backwards and spread my arms out, hoping to add some air resistance that could slow my fall. For a moment, it felt like everything was watching me, I could see Charizard open his mouth in surprise, only to drop my back pack which fell with me. I could feel the piercing gazes of the three shadows watching me fall.

Charizard swooped towards me, as if trying to save me, but I had had too much of a head start. His jaws opened and a cry of anguish spread through the air. He shrieked again and again, and each time and began to sound more like-

"Y/n?"

I sat up with a start, breathing hard.

"Y/n, are you okay? You were mumbling in your sleep, and there was this f/c aura surrounding you and I got nervous-"

"Meg, it's okay," I told her quietly. Man, that girl can talk.

"A-Are you sure?" She asked nervously.

"Yes, I just had a bad dream is all. Go back to sleep, you need to get your rest, we'll be walking a lot tomorrow." She nodded and went back to her sleeping bag, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

It's a bit of a weird chapter, but it's all starting to come together! I'm excited! I'll try to update more frequently, I'm just too lazy for my own good.

I always love feed back, like constructive criticism, anything that will make my work better, so tell me if you think I should change anything, in the comments.

Next update will be *drum roll please* Tuesday! Because I just decided that that would be a good time to update.

Thanks for reading! *rawr*