Chapter 15

The ghost pokemon tackled my own out of the air a second before its ally's demise. Charmeleon landed on the grassy floor with a thud. I checked my pokedex, he only had half of his health left while Jack's pokemons' health were almost full.

I growled in frustration, this wasn't going well. "Haunter, confuse ray," Jack called to his pokemon. Haunter nodded in understanding. "Charmeleon, dodge!" I responded quickly. Charmeleon nimbly jumped away from the pulsing beam of light heading in his direction.

"Keep attacking until it hits." Haunter nodded again and kept attacking. Charmeleon was slowly becoming more tired the rays were slowly getting closer to him until finally, one hit. He stood there confused. I watched as he bit his own arm, his HP slowly draining.

"Charmeleon! Come here! Snap out of it buddy!" I called, but he was still confused and he walked the other way. Soon, he was down to one health. "Please, Charmeleon," I called weakly. He looked so desperate, he knew he should be doing something, but he didn't know what.

"Seems like it's the end of the line for you, Kitty," Jack said. "If you're lucky, maybe a wild pokemon will come and finish you off before you starve to death with that little caterpie. It was nice knowing you. Haunter, Sucker punch... on the human."

The ghost-type pokemon approached me, his already evil grin looking deadly in the light of the rising sun. If I looked a little to the left of him, I could see all the colors of the rainbow in the sunrise. Despite everything, I smiled. I wonder, If I die in here, would I wake up in the real world? That might not be so bad, I could see my family my friends...

As I was contemplating my death, a loud crash was heard throughout the forest. "Uh, Boss?" The tall one asked, but Jack just held up his hand, motioning for them to be quiet. So, I thought of a good plan.

To yell.