Chapter 18

Meg directed me to Pewter and by the time the sun set, I was on the outskirts of the city. Now that I know Team Rage is residing here, I can't just walk right in, I have to be sneaky. So I sat in a nearby tree with the objective of finding out when they which shifts of lookouts, but no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find a single sentry.

I know the villains in Pokemon are never too hard to defeat, but I assumed these guys were a bit tougher, seeing that they took over Pewter. After waiting a little longer, I just decided to walk in. Meg had grabbed an extra outfit from the grunts back in the forest for me to use and I was wearing that right now, but if you looked closely you could see how the clothes didn't fit me. I had my h/c hair up in a ponytail to stay out of my face and my regular clothes and in my magical bag that never got full.

I walked right into the city, trying to look normal. I stopped to talk to a couple other grunts along the way, just to prove to myself that I wasn't scared. It was a cute little town, although, it was bigger than Viridian. It had a couple of houses and even a small museum.

Knowing Pokemon, there was probably some precious artifact that had to do with the legendary pokemon there, so it would be best for the game if I stopped these guys.

"Hey, you!"

Although, that's easier said than done. A portly man came up to me, his machop following closely behind him. He glared at me with small red eyes that reminded me of a rat's.

"Captain Gidon!"

"Who's he talking to?"

"Oh, that poor fellow." I heard people around me whisper.

"C-Captain Gidon, sir!" I exclaimed. Shoot, I stuttered. Hopefully I said his name correctly, this is what I thought I heard.

"What's your squadron, grunt," he growled. I just chuckled nervously. I wanted to say squadron B or something, but I wasn't sure if the used letters, or numbers, or called them by leader, so I just stayed quiet.

"Ah, scared of talking to me, huh? Haha! That's okay, I know how scary I can be." He gave a hearty chuckle and grinned, which made him look much scarier than before. "Wait a second..." He looked closely at me, staring in to my e/c eyes, and I froze.

Did he know that I was a fake?

"You're pretty cute!" I let out a breath I didn't realize that I been holding and tried to ignore the fact that a creepy old criminal just called me cute.

"Thank you, sir," I said quickly, not wanting to sound insubordinate.

"Okay, now what I came here to ask. "Because you seem free, I would like you to go to the museum and help the other's find the stone, got it? Good, now go." He handed me a piece of paper and looked for someone else who was free.

I ran off towards the museum, grinning despite myself. This was just what I needed, a chance to take the thing they came here for. That should distract them enough for Meg to be able to sneak in or at least for me to be able to find their leader. If I could beat him, they might move out.

I threw the wooden doors open and walked inside the museum quickly.

"Captain Gidon told me to help find the stone. Where is everyone?" I asked the Team Rage member at the front desk.

"Do you have a pass?" he asked. I handed him the slip of paper that I'd been given, and he looked at it a moment before waving me through.

"First door on the left," he said as I walked away. The first door on the left turned out to be the door to the basement. I followed the cement stairs and once I reached the end, I heard voices. I turned to see a couple of team rage members just chilling, opening boxes, and laughing.

"Oh, a new comer?" One said, lifting an eyebrow. He had black hair with one piece dyed red in the front... "Jack?" I exclaimed loudly.

Oops. I covered my mouth with my hands. "Ha, one of your latest conquests, Jack?" A boy in the back said with a sly grin on his face.

"Ew, no!" Jack and I yelled at the same time. "Stop copying me! No, you!" He stopped and grabbed my arm, leading me to the back of the room where no one could hear us.

"What do you think you're doing here?" He growled.

"Punching you." I punched him in the gut. He bent over and made a chocking noise. "What was that for?"

"Hurting my pokemon." I walked by over to the group, a smile plastered on my face. "So here should I begin?" I asked sweetly.

"There's a lot of boxes over here!" One girl called. I walked over to her, the Team Rage outfit was unisex, thankfully, so she was wearing the same thing as everyone else.

"Thanks for punching Jack," she whispered. "I've been wanting to do that for ages." I smiled at her as I began looking through the boxes. The basement was relatively clean, so I didn't think I'd find any spinaraks, but I kept my guard up just in case.

"So, are you going to introduce us to her?" The boy from earlier asked. Jack rolled his eyes before responding.

"That, is Kitty. Everyone meet Kitty, Kitty meet everyone."

I shot to my feet. "My name," I hissed. "is not Kitty, so stop calling me that!" I sat back down, glaring at Jack from across the room. "Fine then, what is your name?" the boy asked.

"My name, is y/n."