Chapter 3- Escaping

I quickly ran down the hall way. My feet taking me as fast as I could. I needed to get out of Winterfell now, there was just too much on my mind. I've never had a dream like that in my life, it felt so real that I can still the pain in my body now.

The sound of laughter and chatter became louder as I neared the great hall doors. I pressed my back up against the cold stone wall as I came to the corner. I peaked my head round the side to see that the doors were wide open. Brandon. He always forgets to close them on a night.

I was going to get caught. But probably not by my Mother, maybe one of my brothers. I had to run again.

"Lyanna?" A rough voice said behind me, making my body instantly swing round.

I was met with Brandon. His dark brown eyes looking at me in confusion. But I could smell the wine on him already, and a smile met my lips. This means he would be easy to fight and easy to get around.

"What are you doing up this late?" He asked. His eyes narrowing at me.

"I could ask you the same question." I replied with. I had to play this carefully. If he calls for Ned, I would be a lost cause. Mother would surely find out.

"Roberts here. Have things to do, and need to drink once in a while." Brandon smiled. His humour coming out with every word he spoke. "Now little Lyanna, what are you doing up? Isn't it your Name day in the morning."

"I it is. But like you, I have things to do. Remember, you're not the only Stark with things on their mind." With my words Brandon let out a roar of laughter and flung his head back. His long brown hair moving from side to side with his shaking head.

"Now that may be true sister. Go on then, run along. Go see to your business, don't have me stopping you. But remember to watch out for the Kings men. They can be feisty." I gave him a puzzled look.

"Kings men?" I asked. Why would Kings men be in the North.

"I, a lot of them are in the North. The Prince went to see the wall not long ago. They're making their way back to Kings Landing. Don't know if they're anywhere near Winterfell, just be careful." I nodded at Brandon's words. He always worried about my safety. Brandon kissed my cheek and then walked back into the great hall.

Easy. Brandon was always easy to get round. Well, for me that was the case. Maybe not Ned or Benjen. Brandon was hard to understand, but I understood him like no one else did. I knew his strong points and weaknesses very well. He's my older brother, who will one day have the North like my Father. I need to know him very well.

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a glimpse of the Kings banner whilst I'm out. That would definitely excite me. I've always wanted to see something related to royalty.

I pushed the door open and walked out into the cold. The wind was freezing and the snow was set on the ground. It was a quiet night, and the stars shone brightly in the sky.

After a few minutes walk through Winterfell I finally arrived at my secret gate out of it. If I went the normal rout out my Mother and Father would know about it. Which I didn't want.

Hidden beneath the rocks on the floor was my hidden sword named River and my bow. My Father would die if he ever saw me swinging a real blade, that's why I had one made secretly. I paid a great amount for it, from someone who lived near The Twins. I got it when we visited. I made the bow myself, they're quiet easy to make. So it wasn't hard.

With my sword in hand and my bow on my back I squeezed out of the tiny rusted old gate and into the dark forest. The moon lit up the forest like wild fire for me and I knew this place like the back of my hand. But I need to get to my safe haven. The place where I don't have to think or care for anything. The place where I can forget.

I sprinted through the woods, the leaves and broken trees crunched beneath my boots. I could hear howls in the distance. Knowing wolves were near by, but the wolves would never hurt me. I've come across them before and they just simply walked past me. I don't know why they act like that around me, it's as if they know that I am no threat. There's many of them, and some of them could class as dire wolves at their size. But I do not fear them.

Finally I arrived at my destination. The river ran calmly through the trees and the tree leaves shuffled in the wind. Surrounding the river sat my patch of blue roses that I looked at every day. I sat on the edge of the river bank, the place where I would sit when I could escape my life. No one comes here, no one knows this beautiful place even exists. Many of my family go to the Gods wood to have silence and peace. But I do not find that there, I find it here.

Breaking me from my thoughts a twig snapped in the bushes. Causing a loud "shush" to be heard. I quickly stood to my feet and gripped onto River.

"Who goes there?" I called out. I could feel my heart race begin to quicken, as adrenaline and worry flooded into my blood stream.

Finally I saw a figure come out of the darkness. And then many more followed. My eyes widened and I gripped my sword even tighter.

"Keep calm girl, no need to worry." A husky voice said, followed with a snigger.