Chapter 5- Arrival

"Lyanna!" A voice shouted, awaking me from my peaceful slumber. "Lyanna! Wake up!" The voice shouted repeatedly.

I groaned and pulled myself up. I clambered out of my bed and wrapped my cloak around me and headed to the door. I unbolted it and pulled it open. Brandon stood there with a stressed look on his face.

"Get changed, the prince is on his way here." My eyes widened at his words and Brandon walked in.

"But we already have visitors, Robert Baratheon." I replied as Brandon took a seat on the edge of my bed.

"I know, but it's alright. Ned and Robert went out with a party to go hunting for a day. They won't be back till the early hours of tomorrow morning. And the Prince won't be staying, he'll only call for a couple of hours to get some food down him." Brandon said and rubbed his fore head. Royalty don't normally come to Winterfell and of they do they are normally disappointed as most of it is just ruins. It's nothing like the Red Keep.

"Where's Benjen? You can't let him see the Prince. He'll say something that we'll all regret." I said worriedly.

"Don't you think I've already thought of that Lyanna, he's too young and immature to see him. He could ruin it. But it's a good job the Prince is known to be kind hearted."

"I, that's a good thing." I replied whilst combing my hair. "Now get out, let me get changed." I picked up my trousers and pushed Brandon out. When I looked up Mother was stood in the door way with a big grin on her face.

"Time to wear your nice dress dear." Mother said and walked up to me. Brandon laughed and shook his head, he knew exactly how I felt about wearing dresses.

"Mother," I said warningly.

"Lyanna, this is royalty we are seeing. You have to look presentable. If Prince Rhaegar saw you in trousers he'd probably have a heart attack. Now come child. We are wasting time." I quickly took a step back from her and looked at her in shock.

"Mother, have you forget what day it is? It is my Name day." I said angrily. Not that I bother looking forward to my name day anyway, it's just I like to know that people remember.

"Lyanna, please. I know it is your name day, but something more important has turned up." I was shocked at my Mothers words, but it was typical of her to be like this to me. I was her only daughter, but I didn't act like it at all.

"Leave," I spat. "I shall get ready on my own."

+

Once I had wriggled into my green silk dress, I made my way to the great hall. Not knowing who will be in there. I didn't know when the Prince would arrived but i was hoping it would be soon. I keep thinking if he'll be like people say he is; handsome, charming and kind. He was in fact stealing my name day, so he better make everyone in happy moods. Although I know Brandon won't be. He gets very stressed when things like this happen.

I walked into the great hall to see Father and Mother sat at the top of the big table. I made my way up to them with an unpleasant look on my face. But once I got to them my Father gave me a huge smile.

"Lyanna," He gleamed. "Happy sixteenth name day my beautiful Rose." He said and wrapped his arms around my small frame. I gave him a small look back and then my eyes landed on my Mother. She was smiling as well. My Father finally finished hugging me and took a step back. He looked up and down at me then shook his head. So much for him promising me a sword.

"What are you thinking Father?" I asked. He gave me another smile than went back to his seat.

"Nothing my dear," He called as he turned his back on me. "Just looking at how old you've got." I nodded at his words and went to my seat beside him. I know he was just shocked to see me in my nicest dress.

"Where's Brandon?" I asked whilst sitting slouched on my seat. These seats were always the most uncomfiest things in existence.

"Meeting Prince Rhaegar at the gates," Mother replied. "Rickard, we should be heading outside, we can't let the Prince get there before us."

"We have to go outside!?" I said bewildered. Even though it was summer it was still too cold to go outside in a dress. No way was I doing that. I looked at my Father than too my Mother and she nodded at me.

"I wont do it," I said. "Not just for some silly little Prince. No way." I shouted and stood to my feet. As my Mother was about to speak I ran out of the hall. My feet was going as quick as they could. Everyone knows how I feel about wearing dresses, don't get me wrong I will wear them outside. But this dress is made of silk, which means it keeps no heat in, and it keeps raining out there.

Suddenly, as I ran I tripped. I fell to the floor with an almighty thud and my hands whacked against the cold, damp floor. I moaned out in pain and laid on the floor. I didn't want to move, I just wanted to curl up into a ball and imagine myself in a different world, with different people. Everything drove me insane.

Loudly the double doors in front of me flew open and the load clatter of boots and armour filled the hall way.

"I, this place can get very cold in the summer and Winter." I heard Brandon's voice say and I quickly looked up. Brandon stood there shaking his hair from the wet rain drops that had landed on him, whilst a man beside him was stood with a red cloaks and the hood up. All around them were guards, wearing silver armour with the Targaryen sigil on their breast plate. I looked at them in shock. I couldn't move, I just froze.

Brandon stopped in his tracks when he saw me and so did all the other men. I saw one of the guards with brownie/blonde hair holding a huge sword tighten his grip on it. Now I looked to the man with the cloak. The cloaks that I recognised immediately. My heart began to race as he lowered the hood and my eyes were firmly glued on him.

The hood dropped and my eyes were instantly looking at them indigo ones. Silver hair blew around him like some sort of halo, making him look like an angel sent from the gods. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

Quickly he lent down and wrapped his big hands around my arms and pulled me up. Heat radiated off him like he was some sort of dragon.

"My lady," He said and nodded at me, then took a step back. I heard Brandon cough then tap his foot and I knew what I had to do. I quickly curtsied low and lowered my head, I kept my eyes from looking back up at him as I knew I wouldn't be able to stop.

"My sister Lyanna, your grace." Brandon said and I kept my head down.

"Your Grace." I said quietly.

"Rise up Lady Lyanna." He said. I rose up but kept my eyes on the cobbled floor. This wasn't Jon who I met in the woods, this was the Prince to the iron throne, the Prince of Dragonstone.

"Now your Grace," Brandon said. "Would you like to follow me to the Great Hall, my Father should be there."

With those words the clatter of armour was heard again and all the men walked off. I was stood in the hall way absolutely bewildered. Rhaegar Targaryen was Jon from Kings Landing that I met in the woods and acted nothing like a lady in front of. He was the one person that actually knew what I could do. Yes, I'm very close to my brothers, but they would die if they knew that I have killed before.

I closed my eyes and let out a breath that I didn't know I was even holding.

I opened my eyes to find that my dress had a huge rip in it and half of my bare leg was showing. I huffed and managed to make my legs walk, even though they felt like they were about to drop off. I felt like everything I had ever ate was about to come back up. My head was spinning and suddenly everything went black.