Chapter 30- Importance

I looked at the mirror in shock. There it was, a tiny little bump. One that I could defiantly see but maybe others wouldn't. It had been two weeks since the old woman told me of my baby, and now I had every right to believe her. I knew she wasn't lying to me, I knew it from the look in her eyes.

I placed my hand on the little bump and rubbed it gently. My child had survived everything, it had pulled through.

As I did this Rhaegar walked into the room with a tired face. I quickly removed my hand and made it look like I was just simply looking in the mirror. Rhaegar made his way over to the bed and flopped down on it.
He wore all black, which made him look even more handsome than he normally does.

"Bad day?" I asked and walked over to him. I sat on the edge of the bed and glanced out of the window beside me. I had to tell him, but the nerves were getting the better of me. It was already coming to the end of the day, as it had grown dark outside rather quickly.

Suddenly I felt Rhaegar's arms slip around my waist and pull me back on to the bed. I laid there next to him as he placed a kiss on my neck.

"You could say that." He replied and let out a sigh.

I turned my body so it was laid on a side, so I was facing him. I looked into his violet eyes and placed my hand upon his cheek. He closed his eyes at the contact and hummed in satisfaction.

"Why has it been bad?" I whispered.

"Many letters to read and men not doing what they are told." He closed his eyes as he spoke. Making him look even more worn out than he actually was.

"Which men?"

"The men that I have in Kings Landing." He replied and clambered off the bed. Leaving me laid there like an idiot, so I sat up and faced him.

"You don't tell me what's going on there. And Rhaegar, do tell." I said as he pulled his black shirt from his body, showing his bare torso to me. Butterflies appeared in my belly at the sight.

"It's not of importance to you." He replied and walked over to the table to pour himself a glass of wine. "Anyway, why should I tell you things when you don't tell me things."

His words shocked me and I sat there just blinking at him for a few seconds before I replied. I only kept one secret from Rhaegar.

"What is there to tell?" I replied smoothly. I was glad that he had his back to me because if he didn't he would've been able to tell that I was lying. Mother always use to say that I was never good at telling lies when I was little.

"Well, first of all you never told me what the old woman said," It made my belly flip that he still had that in his mind. "and secondly you haven't told me about Orla and Dayne."

Orla and Dayne? I gave him a confused look as I processed the words in my mind.

"What about Orla and Dayne?" I questioned and he turned and gave me a small smirk.

"I thought you of all people would know." He said and raised his eyebrows. I gave him a confused look once again as he stood there with a grin on his face, but he didn't say anything.

"Rhaegar speak," I spat and neared him on the bed slightly. He just looked at me as he perched on the side of the table with a glass of wine in his hands, which aggravated me a lot. "Tell me!" I raised my voice and gave him a hard look, to which he just grinned back at. This man was very annoying sometimes. "Seven hells Rhaegar just tell me."

"Fine," He said and shrugged. "But don't tell her it came from me. Also, you have a very short temper."

"Who else could it possibly have come from, I only speak to you and Orla. Now tell me!" I decided to ignore the little bit at the end of his words as I knew it would just aggravate me even more.

"Orla and Dayne sleep in the same bed some nights." He said quietly and my eyes widened. This was important news to me as I knew nothing of it. But it hit me hard as I thought she and Brandon were together. To think she had moved on so quickly from him hurt me slightly. "Don't look so shocked." Rhaegar said breaking me from my thoughts.

"I just can't believe it. She had Brandon." I whispered the last bit to myself but Rhaegar seemed to hear me as he raised his head slightly.

"Brandon?" He asked.

"I thought him and Orla had something together." I said and looked into his eyes sadly.

Upon realising my emotions Rhaegar hopped down off the table and made his way to me. He crawled across the huge bed and sat next to me. I could feel the heat radiating off of his bare chest and i had to control myself from reaching out to him.

"It seems you were wrong." He whispered in my ear and pressed a kiss to my cheek, then scattered some more along my jaw bone. Then finally to my neck.

"I was sure of it." I said to myself. I could feel Rhaegar trying to distract me from my thoughts as he knew what I got like if I thought about Brandon. And Rhaegar's little trick was actually working for once.

He placed kisses all over my neck and rubbed circles on my back gently. I laid onto my back from my sitting position and let him carry on with the little thing he had got himself into. He then pressed his lips against mine and I began to kiss him back. I wrapped my legs around his waist and gripped the top of his arms. I could feel his muscles underneath my finger tips as he moved ever so slightly whilst his fingers messed with undoing the lace that held my dress together at the back and I arched my back ever so slightly so he could do it properly.

Once the lace was loose enough he pulled the dress from my shoulders and kissed them lightly. Then I realised that I had to tell him something, before anything could happen. I needed to tell him this and if I didn't he would never trust my word again.

"I need to tell you something." I whispered in his ear as he kissed along my collar bone.

"Can't it wait?" He replied and pressed his lower body down onto mine and I moaned in pleasure. I wanted him now more than ever, but I really needed to tell him.

"It's important." I said and moved my hands to his face and pulled his head up to mine. His violet eyes were filled with lust as he looked into mine and I couldn't help but kiss him once more. He took the kiss as an opportunity to pull my dress down lower, nearly revealing my breasts, so I pulled away quickly. "And it can't wait." I said softly.

"Go on then." He said and analysed my face to make sure it wasn't anything worrying I was about to say.

"Well, I don't really know how to say this." I said and let out a nervous laugh to which he gave me a puzzled look. "I-I'm-" As I was about to say the words the door flew open and Arthur Dayne ran in. He was out of breath and he stopped in his tracks when he saw me and Rhaegar on the bed.

Rhaegar immediately pulled my dress up without even thinking of pulling it up that bit too high, as it was now up to my neck. I swatted his hand away and he quickly moved it, so I could sort the dress out myself. I pulled the dress down to it's position and then looked to Dayne who had a shocked look on his face.

Rhaegar was still hovering above my body, with both legs on either side of my waist. Rhaegar was just looking at Dayne in confusion and he didn't even realise what he was sat like.

"Rhaegar move." I whispered and pushed his lean body off mine. He did as I said and moved to the end of the bed, then stood to his feet.

"What is it?" He snapped at Dayne and he replied with holding up a letter.

"A letter had come from one of my watchers." Dayne said with a worried look.

"And?" Rhaegar asked with a stern face and walked up to him.

"From one of my watchers in the Eyrie." He replied and I saw Rhaegar's body stiffen. The muscles that could be seen on his back hardened underneath his skin, causing his shoulders to no longer be slunched. His jaw tensed and I saw him give a little clench of his knuckles. By the way he was acting, it was as if he had just found out some disturbing news that threatened how he acted and looked as a man. Which really didn't make sense.

What could he have possibly of found out to make him so in edge?

I sat there watching the two men as Arthur handed Rhaegar the letter. With the letter in his hand he walked to the end of the bed, grabbed his shirt and then quickly left the room, followed by an anxious Dayne.