Chapter 10- Maester Walys

My eyes easily fluttered open as the sunlight rained down on me. I looked up at the blue sky and sighed in satisfaction. The dream that I had just had affected me, it made me feel happy, yet sad for the ill boy that laid before me. He looked so innocent with his big brown eyes and curly black hair. The woman who looked over him could not of been his Mother, she looked nothing like him with her auburn hair and bright blue eyes. It wasn't possible. Yet she looked at him with fear and worry. She cried for the ill boy, yet didn't go near him. It seems I will never know why she didn't go near him.

I finally pulled myself off the floor and made my way down from the roof, as I had been there all night. It was good to sleep outdoors, I always liked it. When I use to go riding when I was younger I would sleep out with either Ned or Brandon and then we would hunt. it was always a great joy of mine to sleep out doors.

Once I had climbed the wall I was back in my room, that seemed to be colder than outside. I pulled my clothes off me and looked in my chest of draws. Yet there was nothing except dresses, ones of all colours. My eyes widened in shock and I growled in anger. Mother must of cleared all my clothes out yesterday. I dug through the draws and picked out the one that would suit me the most, which was a dark grey colouring.

When it was on I headed out of my bolted door and down the stairs. Winterfell was once again alive as the sound of maids scurried by and horses called in the courtyard. I smiled at the sounds but couldn't help my smile diminish as Robert Baratheon came into my view. I automatically stopped walking and I could feel the anger boil up in me. Yet a huge smile set upon his face as he neared me.

"Lady Lyanna," He said and lowered his head to me. "A fine morning it is today."

"I, it is." Was all I replied with and looked out the window.

"I looked for you yesterday but I couldn't find you." Why can't he stop talking? This couldn't be the man I was supposed to marry. He was a person that blabbered on and made himself look innocent towards me, when actually he had a different whore in his bed every night. I didn't eve want to talk of yesterday, that horrid day.

"I have to leave, my Father is waiting for me." I said and walked off, leaving him standing lone in the corridor.

I make my way across the courtyard and to where the Ravens were kept, as that's normally where Maester Walys hides.
I slowly walked in and the Ravens began to squawk.

"Maester Walys?" I called and he quickly walked out from the other room. He had a calming smile on his face which made me feel happy around him.

"Lyanna my dear, what is your business hear?" He croaked with a huge smile on his old wrinkled face. He waddled over to a chair and table in the corner of the room and took a seat.
I walked over to him and took a seat as well as he looked at the letters that were sprawled across the table.

"Have there been any letters for me?" I asked whilst I twiddled with my fingers.

"No Lyanna, not what I know of." He said whilst looking up at me. "Should you be expecting one." As he said that I quickly shook my head and stood to my feet.

"No. I was just wondering as I didn't leave my room yesterday." Maester Walys nodded at my words.

"All we did was send out letters to everyone of important about your engagement."

"W-What." I whispered and once again I was at a loss for words.

"Letters were sent out last night." I let out a sarcastic laugh as he said that and he looked at me in confusion.

"Who to?" I asked.

"Like I said, everyone of importance." Everyone of importance? The most important are the king and his family. Rhaegar will know of my engagement.

I let out a sigh and thanked Maester Walys and left. I stormed across the courtyard and grabbed Snow out of the stables and got her ready to ride.

"No Lyanna." I heard my Father's voice say from behind me. Why does he always show up when I don't want him too?

"What could you possibly want from me now?" I snapped and looked at him. His dark eyes were on me with a disappointed look.

"You can't go anywhere, we're leaving soon. We have a tourney to attend and you need to pack." I opened my mouth to refuse but he quickly shut me up by a shake of his head. "Don't protest Lyanna. You, Brandon and Ned shall go to represent our house."

"What of Robert Baratheon?" I asked in hope that he wouldn't becoming.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask him yourself." With that he walked out of the stables and inside.

--------------

Sorry about the short paragraph, it's because this is really just a filler. But the good stuff is coming :)