Chapter 59- Lyanna

I laid flat on my bed, staring down at the baby as it frantically kicked. It had been like this all day, kicking over and over again. Camyra had told me that it wasn't necessarily normal, but said my child wasn't necessarily normal either, it was the blood of the dragon she said.

Maybe she was right, maybe my child wouldn't be your average person, maybe they would one day conquer the world, a giggle then escaped my lips at the thought. I couldn't think of anything more foolish, I don't think a child of my line could ever conquer the world, it would be too Stark. Starks never achieve too much nowadays. Too honourable my Mother had said, gets them in trouble.

Was I honourable? I had never really seen myself as honourable, maybe I was, maybe I just never realised it. Though Starks do stick by their family, I never did. I left mine.

Breaking me from my thoughts, there was a knock on the door, I sat up and watched as it opened.

Camyra stood there, a letter in her hand. She looked worried, she had every right to be. Letters were worrying.

"My lady, a raven came." Camyra said shyly and walked in, closing the door behind her.

I didn't move from the bed, instead I waited for her to come to me. This letter could be anything, it could be from anyone. But if it was directed to me, and not Dayne, it was most likely Rhaegar or Ned.

I could feel the baby still frantically kicking as Camyra passed me the letter. I looked it over before I opened it, it was sealed, unopened, with the Targaryen sigil moulded on.

Camyra watched over me, her hands tightly behind her back. She stood ridged, she looked just as nervous as me.

I gave her one last glance and then slowly unfolded it. My hands were shakey as I unrolled the piece of fine paper. I could feel the nerves running through my blood, there was no saying what this could possibly be. And then, I saw the hand writing.

Lyanna,

I wasn't going to write, I thought I shouldn't, but I couldn't help it. I miss you, I have missed you since the moment I walked out of that room. I will be returning to you soon, once everything's over. Hopefully the child hasn't been born yet, I wish to be there with you. Our child will have the life it deserves.
I love you.
Write to me.

Rhaegar.

I read over the words repeatedly as a smile crept upon on my face. He had wrote to me! He was safe!

I looked up at Camyra and smiled in glee.

"What is it my lady?" She asked.

"He wrote! He's safe!" I beamed. The nerves that were once there had disappeared and were now replaced with pure happiness.

I didn't think he would write, I never thought he would. But he did.

"That is good my lady, very good."

It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders knowing he was safe and would be returning to me. The baby kicked frantically again and I smiled in return. I would have a family, my little dragon and wolf family. We would all be together.

"I didn't think he would write." I said to Camyra and stood up with the letter in my hand.

"He must love you very much." She said and linked her arm round me, helping me walk over to the table.

"And I love him, more than what I ever thought I could." I beamed.

I placed the letter down onto the table and put a large coin over it so it wouldn't be lost. I would keep it here, right in this place till he returned to me.