Chapter 32- Treason

The cold brick walls were pressed against my skin as I leaned in close so I wouldn't be seen. I had followed Rhaegar and Arthur when they left, and they seemed to lead me down the many steps and to the doorway.
Obviously Rhaegar wasn't as calm as I thought as he was kicking off at Arthur for letting the guards have a little break. I didn't catch watch was in the letter as I didn't arrive in time for that conversation, but by the way Rhaegar was reacting I could tell it wasn't very good.

Suddenly their voices grew quite and all I could hear was mumbles. I couldn't get any closer so I had to just wait for someone voice to rise.

Rhaegar was the angriest I had ever seen him (well heard him) and I was worried that it was over something extremely bad.

"No, she loved you. A man who was already married and heir to the iron throne. A man that she could not have." I heard Arthur say and I heard Rhaegar let out a sigh in response.

My belly flipped at his words as they weren't talking about the guards anymore, they were talking about me.

"And I love her." Rhaegar shouted and I peered my head slightly round the corner so I could witness the scene and Rhaegar was perched on Snow, getting ready to ride off. "Look at us now. We're together aren't we?"

The look on his face when he spoke those words made me have doubt in what he was saying. He had a look of thought and regret in his features, which made me feel uneasy. Did Rhaegar really want to be with me?

Rhaegar then rode off into the distance and I stood there in shock. I wanted to chase after him, but I couldn't. His question didn't sound rhetorical, which meant that he didn't know himself if we were together. Of course we are together, I am carrying his child.

I moved from my hidden area and stood out into the doorway. Arthur came into my view as he was stood watching Rhaegar ride off. He turned around when he sensed my presence and I gave him a small smile, trying to hide that I knew what they were just saying.

"Where is he going?" I asked.

Arthur looked at me and hesitated before he spoke.

"Home." He replied and my blood ran cold at his words. I tried to hide the shocked emotion that was pulsating through my veins but I couldn't help let out a shakey breath that I didn't know I had been holding.

"W-Where's home?" I stuttered and took one step away from the doorway and into the blazing light.

"My Lady you should really go back inside, it's not safe." He said and I gave him a angered look.

"Answer my question Arthur, where is home?" I snarled and he gave me a gracious nod.

"Kings Landing, where his wife and children are. Where ever they are it is home for him" His words whacked the breath out of me and I stumbled back in shock. I pressed my hands up against the wall behind me to hold me steady.

My eyes focused in on the floor as I stood there trying to regain my breath. I didn't know what to do. He had left me for her. The woman he claimed to not love. Yet I didn't hear a word that was mentioned of him going home in their conversation.

"How do you know?" I asked, but kept my eyes firmly on the floor.

"He talked about it this morning. Then I think the letter tipped him over the edge."

"He didn't say anything about going back to Kings Landing just then. What did the letter say?"

"The letter said things that are of great importance to him. Nothing that you need to know about though." With those words he made his way past me and walked into the Tower.

I stood from my leaning position and quickly followed him in. He walked up the stairs speedily to which I followed with ragged breaths.

"Tell me Arthur." I shouted at his figure that was miles above me, walking up the spiral staircase.

"You don't need to know." He called back and with those words I sped up more so I could reach him.

I took two steps at a time, but not with great difficulty as my dress wasn't made for running. I tripped many times and my dress had split up the side, but I really didn't care. I wanted to know what was in the letter and I wanted Rhaegar to come back to me. I could feel him getting further and further away from me.

Finally I reached Arthur who was at the very top of the stairs just going into the empty room that Rhaegar had made for little meetings.

I grabbed his shoulder and spun him round to look at me.

"What was in the letter?" I asked once more.

Arthur hesitated for a moment, then his blue eyes met mine.

"Robert Baratheon has committed treason." He said quietly and looked around to make sure no one was listening.

My eyes widened at his words and I didn't know what to say. Robert Baratheon was the man who was besotted with me and wanted to have me. We were to be married, and he is Ned's best friend.

"It will start a war My Lady." Arthur spoke up and I released my hand from his shoulder.

"A war?" I said in shock. The question didn't really need an answer and Arthur just looked at me in response.

"I think you need to stay in your room for the time being." He said then walked off. I stood in the hallway trying to think over all what Arthur had said.

Rhaegar had left me for Elia, there was to be a war, Robert wants a war because of me and I was still wanted dead.

I made my way to my room clutching my stomach for support. My little baby was going to be brought into a world of war and my child will probably have to grow up fighting.

A single tear rolled down my face and I quickly wiped it away so if anyone was watching they wouldn't see. I never cried when I was at Winterfell, but now I cry more than ever.

Maybe it was a bad idea running away with Rhaegar.