Chapter 6- The Crypt

My eyes opened to a stone ceiling. A cold wet cloth lay draped across my forehead, causing trickles of water to drip down my cheek. I let out a groan as my head hurt and slowly sat up.

"Keep down Lady Lyanna." I heard a voice say from across the room. I turned my head to see Nan rushing up to me. She pushed on my shoulders so I would fall back onto the bed. The furs were wrapped tightly around me and I had many more pillows than I would normally have.

"What happened to me Nan?" I asked quietly and held my head.

"Well, Young Benjen found you asleep on the floor in the hallway. He called someone to bring you to your bed, I think it was one of them fellows Prince Rhaegar brought with him," Nan said and smiled. "Said his name was Arthur. You should thank him Lady Lyanna."

"Did he tell the prince?"  I asked. For some reason my cheeks flushed as I said it and my heart began to race. I didn't care who brought me back, I just needed to know of Jon or The Prince.

"I don't think so, the Prince was kept in the great hall. He doesn't have to deal with ill girls."

"How long have I been asleep?" I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I couldn't stay in bed forever, the Prince was here.

"Couple of hours Lady Lyanna. You should stay in bed though, the castle has closed its eyes." She was right, it was night time. I could tell as soon as I woke up, the candles were lit and the curtains were drawn.

"You can go sleep now Nan, I'm alright." Nan smiled at me and nodded. She quickly left the room, I know how Nan likes her sleep. She always use to moan to me about it when I was younger. If I didn't let her sleep she'd probably put a curse on me.

Nan talles lies though, as I know the whole of Winterfell hasn't gone to sleep as I can hear the raor of mens laughter. It sounds the same everytime we have guests. I don't know why drunk men have to be so loud.

+

I was laid in bed for what seemed like hours tossing and turning. The sound of laughter was still as loud as anything, but that was not the problem keeping me awake. I had one person on my mind and it was The Prince. I couldn't get over the fact that he lied to me and told me his name was another. I should of known it was him, what person has silver hair and are not from the Targaryen blood line. No one. I didn't even treat him like royalty, I asked far too many questions and held a sword to his neck. If he told anyone of that I would be killed instantly for being a traitor to the crown. Which is not a good way to go.

I couldn't deal with this any more. I needed to get one last glimpse of him to know he's real. I quickly clambered out of my bed to find I was wearing my night clothes, Nan must of put me in them. I pulled them off of my body and threw on my trousers and top on. No way was I wearing a dress at Winterfell ever again, not after my short battle with my Mother.

Once I was fully clothed I casually walked out of my room and made my way down the long spiral stairs. Winterfell was lit up, all because my Father wanted to show off the architecture of the building. Typical.

Finally I arrived at the doors to the great hall, this had to be about my hundredth time today. My heart was once again pounding out of its chest and my breathing had accelerated. Why was I so nervous to meet him? It's not as if I hadn't ever spoken to him before.

"My Lady." A soft voice said from behind me, making me swing round in shock.

Stood there was the one and only Rhaegar Targaryen. His hair was disheveled and his face looked tired, but he still had a little smirk on his young face. Silence filled the air around us as our eyes met and a smile crept onto my pale face.