Chapter 14- King Aerys

"We need to go." Rhaegar laughed as we had been together in the empty room for what felt like hours. We had talked of our problems and what we had done whilst we had been separated. Yes, he had tried to go further than kissing, but I had stopped him. I was still a Stark and not some whore. He wasn't going to take me on the table like some slut. I was a Lady of house Stark. He apologised after trying but I quickly brushed it off.

I hugged him tighter as I sat on his lap on the floor. My dress was slightly risen showing off up to my thigh and his top lay very low on his chest. So if anyone walked in it would look like we had been doing more than kissing.

"I don't want to leave this room." I whispered and flung my leg around him so I was now fully over him. He let out a laugh at my words and took hold of my warm face in both hands.

"My Lady Lyanna," He said and pressed his lips against mine. "I hate to leave this room." He mumbled into my neck. "But we can't stay here forever." He nibbled at my neck and I laughed in response.

"We can live out our lives in the dusty old un-used room at Harrenhal." I said loudly and raised my arms as if I was showing the world my kingdom.

"I shall declare Harrenhal as Lady Lyanna's and I shall by you pet Dire Wolves and Dragons. You can own the whole seven kingdoms." He said in delight and I giggled at his words. I played with his hair and looked into his happy lilac eyes.

"And you, Rhaegar Targaryen. You shall be my King, my one true love." I whispered and pressed a kiss upon his lips and he smiled.

"My queen." He said and kissed me deeply. I wrapped my fingers into his long silver hair and I could feel him smiling into the kiss. The kiss was full of love and want for each other and I couldn't help but push him back wards so I was fully on top of him.

Suddenly the door flew open and Sir Arthur Dayne stood there. I quickly pulled away from the kiss and Rhaegar automatically grabbed the end of my dress and pulled it down so my thigh was no longer showing. I sat up and tried to get off of Rhaegar but he grabbed me by the hips and sat me down beside him.

"Dayne?" He said and looked at the man who stood there, trying his best to look away from me.

"Rhaegar," Arthur started. "Your Father has ordered men to go look for you. He knows you're with the Lady Lyanna and he isn't too fond of it."

Rhaegar let out a sigh and rubbed his forehead. "Of course he isn't." He said and gave me a worried look.

"Wait outside a second." He said and Arthur gave him a simple nod, left the room and closed the door behind him.

Rhaegar looked at me and let out a sigh. He placed his hand on my cheek and brought his forehead to mine.

"Rhaegar what is it?" I asked and took hold of his hand. He squeezed my hand in response and looked into my dark eyes.

"I have to leave you Lyanna, but we can not see each other for the rest of the tourney." He said quietly and I quickly pulled my head back at his words.

"What!?" I said in bewilderment and stood to my feet. Rhaegar was quick to follow my actions.

"Lyanna, my Father knows of me and you now. Which means I won't risk your safety like that. He is a dangerous and horrid man that could only be described as a demon. I don't trust him Lyanna, he doesn't like me anyway so what's saying he won't come after you to hurt me. He hurt Tywin's wife in horrible ways, what's to say he won't hurt you." I nodded at Rhaegar's words and wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"Don't worry about me Rhaegar. I'll be fine." I said and kissed his neck. "Let's go." I said and grabbed his hand.

We walked out of the door and met Arthur. He gave me a smile smile as Rhaegar's arm was securely wrapped around me. I could tell he was on edge, he was acting different. He kept looking around and tightening his grip on me.

"Arthur take Lyanna to her brothers. Ignore anyone who tries to talk to you or stop you in any kind of way." I got nervous at his words. Was it actually this serious? Arthur nodded at Rhaegar's words anyway and ignored my worried looks.

"Be safe Lyanna." He said and kissed me. My eyes widened at what he was doing as Arthur was stood right in front of us. But he must be trustworthy as he is Rhaegar's best friend.

"Don't worry," I replied. "Us Stark's are hard to kill." Rhaegar laughed at my words and kissed me deeply once more.

"I will see you soon." He whispered in my ear then disappeared into the dark hallway of Harrenhal.

+

Arthur walked me back to the great hall in silence. As I walked in I could see Ned looking at me in a strange way and he stood to his feet when he saw Arthur behind me. I shook my head at Ned from across the room and he slowly sat back down.

I thanked Arthur for leading me then made my way to the Stark table. It was quieter than when I was last here, it looked like many of the women had gone to bed.

"Where have you been Lyanna?" Brandon asked as he sat with cup of wine in his hand. I had to lie to them all, if people knew of me and Rhaegar it may cause many troubles that we don't need.

"I went on a walk. I didn't want to sit and drink all night. But I'll have a drink now." I said and Brandon smiled as I pulled a chair up next to him. I took the wine from his hands and drank it all down in one.

"Lyanna, Father wouldn't want you to drink too much." Ned said and I grimaced at him. I really didn't care right now, I was on the Kings death list. Well, according to Rhaegar, his own son.

"Be quiet Eddard. Let her drink what she pleases, she's on a break from Winterfell." Brandon stuck up for and nudged my side. Typical of drunk Brandon to be like this, always doing things he shouldn't. To say he was to be Lord of Winterfell one day he didn't really act like it. "Where in seven hells has King Aerys gone?" Brandon roared and stood to his feet.

"Brandon sit down." Ned spat at him but he completely ignored Ned's request. Ned looked at me for help and I sighed and grabbed Brandon's arm. I pulled him with all my might and he came crashing down into his seat.

"Calm down on the drink Bran." I whispered in his ear and he nodded at my words.

As the boys talked of pointless things I looked round the room. As usual women of a certain kind had made their way into the room and they were all sat on the laps of wealthy Lords. I looked to wear the King once sat and there was a small chair beside it and there sat Elia Martell. She was staring off into space and looked ill. This was the first time I was actually able to see her in great detail. She was beautiful, but she had a pale face and tired eyes. She was surrounded by women who were whispering things in here ear. A boy who looked exactly like her walked to her side and began talking together. They laughed at one another's words then she rose to her feet and linked arms with the boy. They left the room quickly and I went back to watching the Lords chatter and laugh.

I wanted to wait in the hall till Rhaegar returned, but he didn't. Neither did the King. They had disappeared from the feast entirely.