Chapter 54- I Need You By My Side

I watched carefully as the three boys talked before me. Each of them looking down at the crypts in fear.

"They say there's secrets hidden down there." The light haired boy said, with a tone of fear in his voice. The auburn haired boy scoffed and walked forward, pulling the gate open with all his strength.

"If you're so bothered about them secrets Theon why don't you go down instead." The auburn haired boy said.

I walked closer, glancing down at the pit of darkness behind the gate. A boy with curly dark hair stood behind both two boys, edging out with one step at a time. His dark eyes didn't leave the auburn haired lad, he kept his eyes on him at all time as he moved secretly away.

"I didn't lose the game," the one called Theon said. "Snow lost it fair and square." He spat and turned to the dark haired boy.

The boy froze his manoeuvre quickly and turned to look at Theon with a look of hate.

"Snow," the auburn haired boy spoke, stepping forward. "You lost, you know what the forfeit is."

Snow nodded his head of curly hair and stepped forward proudly. He was scared, I could see it. But he took a step to the darkness and looked at the auburn haired boy.

"If I don't come back up, tell Father I love him." The boy said, causing the other boys to laugh loudly.

I felt bad for the scared boy as he lowered his head in embarrassment. He didn't want to go down there, I knew that for sure, but he had bravely gone down there without a fight. He was honourable, that was obvious.

"If you don't come back up Jon, Father would slaughter me." He laughed and then patted him on the back. "Go as far as Grandfather."

Grandfather? This was Winterfell, the only people in the crypts were lords of Winterfell. These boys had a Grandfather down their, meaning they were both little lords. I didn't know them, but the curly haired boy was someone I felt I knew.

The boys were young, only around ten, yet they acted much older. Especially the auburn haired one, who did indeed act like a little lord.

The dark haired boy who went by the name of Jon then proceeded to walk into the darkness. The boys sniggered behind his back, as he walked further and further.

I followed the boy, not wanting him to be entirely alone, although it seemed I was invisible to him. But I knew he'd be safe with me.

The candles were lit all the way down, allowing the stairs to be seen by the naked eye, but the boy took them warily with a hint of fear.

I could see his hand shaking as he reached for a small candle placed on a large pillar. He used all his might and pulled it from the holder and quickly brought it too his chest, then let out a shakey breath, causing steam to rise in the air. I wanted to reach out and grab his hand, tell him there's nothing to be afraid of. But it was as if there were some invisible force, stopping myself from going anywhere near him.
I watched the way he walked, something so familiar about it. Then his eyes, dark as the night sky like a Stark. But his face was different, he looked like a Stark, I was sure of that, but there was a hint of something else. His skin looked pale, but not the same complexion of what the Starks have. This pale was near see through, yet radiant and smooth. I couldn't pin point the familiarity to anyone, but I knew it was someone. I had seen this type of skin before, and it was defiantly not in my family.

As we walked deeper and deeper into the crypts, the boys confidence had peaked and he now walked with a strong stride, picking up his pace with each step. We passed Kings of Winter, past Lords and the odd family member who had the status to be buried here. I looked at the statues as we passed, analysing the faces as I went, thinking of the person that once lived.