Chapter 27- Scream

I recovered from my miscarriage quite well. I didn't have anymore pain after a week of lying in bed and Rhaegar allowed me to go out on horse back. Dorne was a beautiful place to adventure, but I had to return back to the Tower after been out a few hours as I grew tired rather quickly.

"Orla?" I said as I arrived back at the Tower. She was sat making yet another dress as she claimed that she enjoyed it and when she was little she wished to be a dress maker.

"Yes." She kept doing her needle work as she spoke and it slightly made me feel at ease with what i was about to ask her.

"I haven't bled yet, and I was suppose to bleed around two weeks ago." I said quietly and Orla looked up and grinned at me. She began to laugh and I could feel my cheeks blushing instantly. Why would she laugh? "What is so funny about that?!" I snapped and her blue eyes met mine.

"You lost a lot of blood around three weeks ago remember. So there's no reason you should even have to bleed this month." Instantly I felt embarrassed by how stupid I could've been. I was ridiculous by not even thinking it.

"But don't go sleeping with him for a while Lyanna, you aren't truly well down there yet." Orla's words embarrassed me even more and I gave her a quick nod then laid on my clean bed.

Orla must think I'm stupid, I know my own body and I know that it wouldn't be ready for that just yet. I had just lost a child and Orla thinks of me to just jump in Rhaegar's bed straight away again. I wouldn't do that. It still hurts. Rhaegar wouldn't risk losing me again either, he said he wouldn't touch me for another year and I laughed at his words.

+

After a day of lying around in bed and doing boring things, a raven arrived. Rhaegar was given the letter and he looked at in confusion.

"Who could it be from?" I asked as I peered over his shoulder from where he sat at the table.

"One of my men in Kings Landing, they're the only people who know where I am." With those words Rhaegar teared the letter open and I stood back to allow him some privacy to read it.

I walked over to the window and looked out over the vast horizon. The night was drawing in and it looked like a beautiful painting that only one can receive for millions of gold coins. I hummed a light tune to myself as I watched the sceptical unfold in front of my eyes.

"Lyanna..." I heard Rhaegar call from behind me in a neutral tone and I turned my head to look at him and I was met with sorrowful eyes.

Automatically I swung my body round and gave him a puzzled look. I didn't speak and neither did he. I knew by the look in his eyes that something was wrong and without thinking I walked up to him and plucked the letter from his hands and began to read the words that had been scribbled down.

Brother,

Lord Rickard Stark of Winterfell and his heir Brandon Stark have both been put to death by Father. He burned Rickard Stark to a pile of ashes and Brandon Stark died trying to save his burning Father. It is getting worse here, and I fear that we are not safe any longer.

Stay safe,

Viserys.

I could feel my whole body begin to shake as I read every word over and over again. I was frozen, I couldn't move nor breath. It was as if the world had just stopped as the words danced around in my head, repeating the word death constantly. My Father, my stubborn loving Father put to death in such a horrid way. And for my caring, funny brother to watch and die in trying to save him. I wanted to take revenge that very moment, I wanted to watch the life drained out from Aerys Targaryen and I wanted to watch the blood pour out of him drop by drop, whilst he cried out begging for mercy. I wanted that man to die in front of my feet and to laugh at him as he did so.

"Lyanna?" Rhaegar said quietly from beside me and I looked up at him in rage.

"I want him dead." I snapped and the tears suddenly began to fall without my consent. I wanted them to stop as I knew that Father wouldn't be that proud of his daughter balling her eyes out in front of a Prince. I also knew that it would be a shock to Brandon to see the she wolf crying.

Rhaegar then quickly wrapped his arms around me and brought me into a hug and suddenly I couldn't control the sobs that fell from my mouth. I was now crying hard into his shoulder and there was nothing that I could do about it. Brandon, who was to be married soon was now dead. Dead for something that I didn't even know of. And my Father who promised me a sword for my name day had now left this world and gone onto another, I would never receive that gift from him.

+

As I stared at the blank wall frozen as tears slipped down my face, the door opened and Orla popped her head through it. Rhaegar was sat writing his letter back to his little brother as I sat there in silence.

Orla gave me a worrying look and she hurriedly walked in but I raised my hand to stop her form coming any closer to me.

"No need to look after me." I said with a neutral face. "My Father and Brandon are dead, so it's not me you should be worrying for Orla. It's my family that are left at Winterfell that we should be on our knees praying to the Gods for safety. Because the King wants me he and has decided that he wants my family as well, you can tell that from what he did to my own blood."

With every word that I spoke Orla's face grew pale and she began to sob out loud. Rhaegar sat there in silence, no longer writing but just looking at the wooden table. He had tried to comfort me, but it just made me cry more. I was better left alone, thinking to myself.

Orla was now on the floor and crying loudly. By the way she's acting it automatically told me that she did indeed have a thing going on with Brandon that everyone had assumed. You wouldn't act like that for a man you've only seen roaming the halls.

I stood to my feet and walked straight out of the door, I couldn't bear to be in the room any longer.
I heard Rhaegar calling my name but I didn't stop. I pattered down the stairs and walked outside. The guards that stood there, along with Arthur Dayne gave me a puzzled look but I kept going. I walked down the hill and entered a little forest area that was silent and allowed me some privacy. I needed to be alone.

As I made my way right into it I fell to my knees and let out a scream. I needed to let out all my feelings, I wanted to do many things that I couldn't possibly do. This was the only way of letting it all out.

My Father and Brother were dead. The people that had been in my life since I was born had now tragically left it. In ways that I never thought would happen.

RHAEGAR'S POV

I didn't know what to think of everything. Lyanna was stood in the forest screaming to relieve the pain that was in her body.
I didn't show her the other page of the letter that held the details of Rickard and Brandon's death.
I didn't want her to know Brandon had strangled himself trying to save their Father and failed in doing so. Both died because they believed that I had kidnapped Lyanna, and they wanted her back. If she knew that it would break her.

I could never bring myself to tell her all this and I knew that if I did she would either never forgive herself or me. Each one I didn't want happening.