Chapter 53- Targaryen

I wanted to write back, tell Ned everything. But instead I just stared at the crumpled up letter that laid on the table before me. The baby was kicking, more frequent then ever and I could do nothing to console it. It seemed that the days were getting worse as time went on, so many people dying, next it would probably be me.

Rhaegar had sat with me, tried to help me come to terms with my Mothers death but nothing seemed to work. I sat there, staring at a blank wall, with thoughts of home running through my mind.

Suddenly a group of horses hooves were heard as I sat there. Rhaegars hand instantly dropped from my shoulder and he hastily walked downstairs to investigate. We never had visitors, but someone was definitely here now.

I waddled out of the chair that I had been sat in for hours and made my way to the window. I opened the window ajar so I could see what was going on, and to my shock I saw the familiar head of golden hair. Sir Barristan Selmy. Maybe he had news of my Brothers. Without thinking I went for the stairs, clutching my bump for some sort of support. But when I got outside, I wasn't met with welcome arms.

The men who rode with him looked at my belly in shock, along with Sir Barristan himself. He looked at me like I was some sort of mystical being and I instantly began taking steps back. Rhaegar didn't even bother to turn round, he knew what the men had seen. In that moment I had forgot that my life was now a secret, I was something that couldn't be shown to anyone.

"My Lady," Barristan said composing himself, jumping down off his horse. "What a pleasure it is to see you."

I smiled at his words and gave him a kind reply. "And you Sir Barristan."

"I bid you are in good health?" He said and walked toward me.

"As good as can be sir." He smiled his handsome smile and bowed his head as if I was some sort of royal. I was no royal, just a Stark.

Barristan then turned to Rhaegar and gave him a smile aswell.

"Your grace, me and my men have come to talk." Rhaegar nodded at his words and let out a small sigh. He knew it was bad timing, but, if I was going to make my Mother proud I would be the lady she always wanted me to be.

"Sir Barristan," I started. "Perhaps you and your men would like to take some wine in the meeting room?" I asked, whilst straightening my back up. It was hard to do whilst being with child, but I managed. I could see Rhaegar looking at me in confusion by the way I was acting, he had just seen me crying and now I was inviting people in.

"If it doesn't cause any problems my lady." Barristan replied.

"Only if you drink all the wine." I said sarcastically and Barristan gave a little laugh.

"Of course not."

With that the men were following me in and up the stairs. Rhaegar lagging behind as he had private words with his old friend. The men took their seats and began talking amongst themselves whilst I walked over to Rhaegar. I was beginning to get tired like I normally do. I wouldn't be able to stand for much longer.

"You've perked up abit." He whispered in my ear as I stood beside him.

"A Lady of a household should always be inviting to guests." I replied. He looked down at me with his violet eyes and gave me a small smile. I knew he was some what happy to see me like this, but this was only a way of hiding my true feelings and he knew it.

With that I walked out, leaving the men to talk like any lady would. I knew this wasn't what I wanted, because when I looked in the mirror I could see a small scowl had appeared on my face.