Chapter 43- Silver Haired Shine

LYANNA'S POV

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of someone mumbling and saying words that I didn't understand. The room was still dark, highlighting that it was night time and this was the second time that I had been awakened from my slumber. I rolled onto my back and sighed in annoyance. I heard the drunken man wander in a few hours ago and I manged to drift off to sleep straight away. For some odd reason I wasn't scared or worried, I was calm when he arrived. He was thankfully quiet and didn't make a sound when he crawled into his make shift bed. But now was a different story, he was making noises that he didn't obviously know he was doing.

Suddenly my whole body jumped when the man began to yell. He was more like screaming and I didn't know what to do. My heart had started to race with fear and I just pulled the furs up to my chin. I didn't want to look at him I was too scared, but I needed to. I couldn't have him screaming all night.

I quickly rolled my body so I was facing him and looked at the person lying on the ground and thrashing about.

Silver hair shined under the watchful gaze of the moon light and moved like a sea of melted valyrian steel. My eyes widened at what and who was doing this in front of me, I didn't know how to react, but I couldn't control my body when it involuntary sat up.

Rhaegar lied before my eyes rolling around in his sleep. His forehead was lined with beads of sweat as he grimaced and squeezed his eyes shut even more. He was shouting the words "no" and trying his hardest to move around, yet he wasn't doing it well. It was as if he was in pain.

I quickly shot out of bed and went to his aid. I straddled his waist and took hold of his arms, I could feel him trying his best to get out of my grip but I used all my might and pinned him to the floor.

"Rhaegar!" I shouted, but he didn't wake up. I shouted his name over and over again but he didn't stir, he kept his eyes clamped shut. So I leaned down to his ear and thought of the only thing that would probably wake him.

"Rhaegar," I whispered. "Wake up my love. I'm here." I said and with that I felt his muscles give up underneath my grip. I sat back on his waist and watched as his eyes slowly opened and met with mine.

He didn't say anything for a while, he just stared at me. I didn't know what to say, I didn't even know how to act. All I knew was that I have missed this man.

"Lyanna," He whispered out of breath. "Is it truly you?" His lilac eyes analysed ever part of my face, as if he was taking in every tiny detail. As he looked at me, I managed to have a long look at him. His eyes were slightly blood shot and he looked tired, but he still held that pure beauty that he had always had.

After taking in the man who sat before me I smiled at his words and nodded my head.

"I, it's me." I replied.

And with that Rhaegar took hold of my cheeks and pressed his lips up against mine. I didn't know how to react, but something I did know was that I had missed his kiss and overall I had missed him. So I kissed him back, like he kissed me. His kiss was desperate, like I was the only thing keeping him alive, like he had been yearning for it for as long as he can remember. He simply slipped his tongue into mine and I wrapped my fingers into his silky hair. Our bodies were so close that it took my breath away.

But finally I came to my senses and remembered the reason I had left Rhaegar in the first place. I quickly pulled away and watched as his lilac eyes looked longingly into mine.

"Why are you here?" I said quietly and pressed my forehead against his.

"I've been searching for you for days Lyanna," He crooned and ran his hands along my back. "I thought I lost you."

I watched him as he spoke and I couldn't help but see the single tear that had made its way down his cheek. I quickly wiped it for him and I watched the smile that crept onto his beautiful lips.

"You wanted me to be lost." I replied, but didn't move my hand from his cheek. Even though i was annoyed with him for letting me leave, I couldn't move from my position, I had missed him just too much.

"I didn't think you'd leave, I just thought you would sleep in a different room." I smiled at his words and then pressed a swift kiss to his lips.

"You're a fool Rhaegar Targaryen." I said with a grin on my face. "But so am I."

"Let's be fools together then, and let us have a little baby fool as well." He laughed and placed his hand upon my bump. I felt a flutter in my stomach when I did that and I placed my hand upon his.

"A family of fools." I giggled.