Chapter 36- Distant

Rhaegar had been distant for days. He didn't speak much, and the only contact he had with me would be when he clambered into bed. He would place his hand upon my stomach and drift off to sleep, without saying a word.

It's been two weeks since I told him, and he was still acting like this. I was shocked to say the least. I tried over and over again to get him to speak but he'd either reply with a simple nod, or a shrug.

Orla knew of my pregnancy, which she was happy for, but extremely worried. She had it in her head that it was too dangerous to bring a baby into the world. She was right, it was dangerous. But I can't help what's already happened. Me and Rhaegar never knew that Robert would start a war. If we did we wouldn't of let ourselves lose control in the cave. Which would of meant I wouldn't be with child.

"You need to get him to speak Lyanna." Orla said as she tried to tame my wild hair. I sighed at her words, but she was right. We can't not talk to each other.

"How am I meant to get him to speak. He doesn't want to talk to me Orla." I replied.

"Why? You haven't done anything wrong." Orla whispered in my ear, as if he could be listening. Orla was weary around Rhaegar, it was easy to tell. Maybe it was because he was a prince or because he took me away from Winterfell, either way I will never know. But what ever it was, she thought of it as soon as she looked into his lilac eyes.

"He doesn't want a child." I said and stood to my feet. "He already has two, why would he want another one?"

I made my way over to my bed and clambered in. Orla came and sat beside me with a sad look on her face.

"Why wouldn't he want a child to the woman he loves?" She smiled and placed her hand upon my arm, giving it a light squeeze.

"It's as if he can't stand to be around me."

"Lyanna, that's not true. If he didn't want to be around you he wouldn't sleep in the same bed as you every night. He wouldn't put a reassuring arm around you whilst laying close beside you. He loves you Lyanna, I just think he feels like he might lose you." I nodded at Orla's words and laid back. "Sleep well." She said and then quickly left the room.

The room fell silent and the only light was coming from the candle that flickered beside me. It was a cold night to say we were in Dorne. And I wished that I had made a fire before it got dark.

I blew the candle out beside me and let darkness over come the room. I snuggled myself up into the furs and closed my eyes.

Breaking the silence, the door clicked and the sound of boots walking along the stone floor came apparent. I slightly peered up to see Rhaegar placing a candle down on the table and removing his clothes, doing his usual routine.

I laid my head back down on the feather pillow and took a steady in take of breath. I wanted to speak to him, but something within me was telling me not to. I couldn't ignore him like I do every night.

I turned over on my side and watched him, fascinated with the way his hair shone from the moon light that seeped through the window. He was so charming, it was hard to believe that someone so good looking could want to be with a person like me. Maybe that's why he is acting this way. I'm not like the other girls that he has probably encountered in his life. I act like a child, I am too hot headed for most people and I don't put up with people acting the way he is around me.

"Don't look at me like that." He said and made his way towards the bed. My eyes widened at his words, that was probably the biggest sentence he had said to me all week.

"Looking at you like what?" I replied nervously and watched him clamber into bed.

"Like you love me." He said and looked me in the eyes. He looked saddened by his words and I couldn't help but feel shocked. I had said that I loved him before, yet he just technically said that I didn't.

"I do love you." I whispered and looked down, trying at all costs to avoid his stare.

"You can't possibly love me Lyanna, not after how I've treated you lately." He ran his hand through his hair as he looked around worriedly. Did he truly believe what he was saying?

"You can't just fall out of love with someone that quickly Rhaegar." I mumbled. I was actually quite nervous with each word I spoke, I didn't want to push him away even more.

"And what do you know of love? You had barely even left Winterfell when I met you, the only love you saw was that of your parents. You know nothing Lyanna, so please don't tell yourself you do." He snapped and I was met with his icy glare. My belly flipped when I met his eyes, they were so cold and distant. Nothing within them that I had ever seen before.

"Why are you being so horrible?!" I shouted. I sat up in the bed and crossed my legs. I could feel the anger boiling up in my blood. After days of not speaking this is how he wants to talk to me? He was being so heartless.

"I'm not being horrible!" He shouted back. "I'm just telling the truth Lyanna."

"You are being horrible. And I want to know why. What have I done to make you be so cold to me?" I wanted to cry with every word I spoke. But I held them back, I didn't want to be seen as weak anymore.

"Just go to sleep." He sighed and leaned back down.

"No. I'm sick of this Rhaegar. I want to know why the man who claimed that he loved me won't speak to me anymore." Rhaegar gave me another cold look, but I quickly returned it to him.

"Go to sle-" I quickly cut him off when I jumped up from the bed and made my way toward the door. I opened it up and he gave me a puzzled look.

This was the only way that I would get what I wanted.

"I'm walking out right now Rhaegar. I'll leave for good, and you won't see me again."

"You're not going to leave the room. I'm not stupid. You have your night gown on." He laughed sarcastically. Only now did I realise that he had sat up in bed and his bare torso was showing. He looked handsome, but the way he was acting was ruining the whole look.

"Do you think that will bother me?" I replied with a slight tone of anger in my voice.

"Of course it will. You're a noble lady. Walking out there, where people can see you in just a night gown is like giving away your title."

"Not for me it isn't." With those words I slipped out of the door.

---

A/N: Sorry if this chapter isn't that brilliant. But I will be editing it soon :)