6- Starting a Cure

"Sam?" I asked. He had grown quiet and sad. He turned his head towards me. "What are we gonna do? We can't lose her but it's not safe for any of us. Some day, her powers will be too strong to hold her in a devil's trap."

"I know that. I don't know what we should do." He replied. That's when I remembered I was gonna call Dean. I pulled out my phone and stepped into the other room to call him.

"Hello?"

"Dean, where'd you go? Why'd you just storm out?" I asked.

"I walked out because I was mad and didn't want to hit you again. And I'm just outside the bunker having a beer. Come out. I wanna talk." He stated sadly.

"Ok. On my way." I went and told Sam then walked outside. I joined Dean. "Hey. What do you want to talk about? The girls or Diana?"

"Maybe a bit of both. First off, I don't think you should extract her powers. She'll probably die. I don't want to see that happen."

"We don't know what we're doing yet. Soon her powers will be too strong to hold her in the panic room. Then none of us are safe. But I don't want her to die either." He nodded. We sat in silence.

"She wasn't just some girl you know?" He asked.

"What?"

"I was going solo for a while away from Sam and my dad, and I met her. She started out a one night stand, but I knew I wanted more with Lisa. I saw her sparsely over the years, but we kept a relationship for a while. She had a son eventually named Ben. I'm like 99% sure he's mine whether or not she denies it. I cared deeply for them. They got kidnapped once and Lisa nearly died. It took me too far. I had Cas wipe their memories. It was the only way to protect them. She's the only one it remotely worked out with but I can't even have her anymore. It's just never gonna work with anyone." He explained.

"Dean, you protected them. You should be happy knowing that. I'm sorry I caused all this. If I hadn't rejected you, you'd be happy."

"Don't say that. You're happy with Sam and you were always the one for him. I'll be ok. I was just explaining. How about you? Are you gonna be ok?" He asked.

"Yeah. We'll figure out what we're doing. Come inside when you're ready." He nodded and I went back in to Sam.

"Hey babe. I think we should do it. It's worth a shot. She might live and either way, we're all safe. I'm not promoting killing our daughter by any means, but if something happens to her, we can try again if we have to." He reasoned.

"I don't know." I stated shyly.

"Come here." I scooted closer and he pulled me in tightly. "I know it's a tough choice. It's hard for me to want to say yes, but it's the only option. I think Diana deserves to know too though." I nodded. We walked in and she was sitting on her bed waiting for us.

"Hey Diana. We have news about the powers." Sam started. "Cas said that because they're in you because mommy accidentally passed them on to you, the only way to get them out is to pull them out." Sam explained as simply as he could. She was only 7 after all.

"How?"

"You know those big needles they use when you get the shots at the doctor?" I asked. She nodded. "Through one of those but bigger."

"Ok. Are we doing that then?"

"See, sweetie, the problem is, he said if we do it, you probably won't live. But if we don't get them out, soon your powers will make it not safe for you to even be in this room and we're at risk of being killed." Sam explained gently.

"So either I die or I kill you?"

"Basically." I replied. All this talk of death was scaring her. She began crying so I picked her up again. She gradually calmed down and whispered in my ear.

"Is there any chance I'll be alive?"

"Maybe. It's not likely though."

"We should do it. I don't want to hurt you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." I set her down.

"Sam, she wants us to do it." I told him.

"If you're sure." She replied with a nod. "Let's call Cas and tell Dean." I told Dean and Sam called Cas. Dean was opposed but we did it anyways.