The Original

We continue towards G.3K.'s castle. There's an unnatural felling of dread. I can't shake this uneasy sensation. Somthing fells wrong. Almost like, the readers are gone, but that can't be... Right? They're to important. I hide my discomfort from Devil.

"So," Devil starts up a conversation, "what would you do if you could reach the True World?"

I'm not sure, but I'd stay far away from here. This place isn't safe for us. We have a really bad reputation. You're sins and I'm a falsely accused villian. That's not the best combination.

"Amen to that," Devil replies, "as soon as we fix our souls, I'm outta here. You know, you should come with me. We'd be better off in the True World together than alone."

True. If we succeed, we can do together, but not as master and vessel.

"Then what?" Devil asks.

As friends.

Devil smiles. Their trust increased. Which brings it to... Hold on, gotta calculate this. Let's see... Time spent together plus character development plus agreed upon choices equals... 80%. They're gonna be good friends when this is all over, I can tell you that much now. Moving on...

"Focus guys," 14 gets their attention, "we gotta deal with the plot first."

Right, plotline first, happy ending later.

"Anyways," 14 continues, "when you get the journal, can you do something for me?"

Other than sending you to the True World?

"Yeah," 14 replies, "I want you to kill prototype 1."

Why? He's a prototype! He's like you!

"Prototype 1 will kill us," 14 explains, "he exsists to keep the plot going, and he's by far the most powerful prototype. If we get to the True World, he's gonna hunt us down. We aren't supposed to interfere with the True World, at least not according to his programming."

How do you know this?

"I told you," 14 replies, "I was digital for very long time. During this time, I caught a glimpse of 1's code, and he's programed to kill anyone from this world for the duration of the Void War."

What about your code? How do we know you won't suddenly go nuts?

"Only the first few prototypes lacked free will. All after 6 have free will, and only two of those six are still in existence."

Fair enough. We continue down the blood stained street. A sense of dread still fills the air. It almost fells like, somthing is missing. Something was removed form this world, somthing important. Or maybe, someone. Still, we continue to the castle, we continue to the journal.