Intermision Eight (Flashback One Part Six): Refusal To Kill

Oh, the readers. I've heard about them. They are the saviors of this world. Legend has it that there are two saviors, a vessel, and a being forged of sins. The readers... don't know about us. They failed to act, so it's understandable why Antagonist hates them. After all, he was the first vessel. Then again, I'm sure if I side with The Mind she'll let me stay free. She needs me as a vessel after all.

Then I remember, everything. Everything The Mind had done. Every family she killed. She took everything I ever loved! I'm going to get vengeance. I walk up to her. She smiles at me. Her smile is almost warm, and welcoming. It feels so familiar... but that's not important. I don't have much control, but I use what little I do have. I grab The Mind by her throat, and begin to choke her. Holy light burns her tainted flesh. Ice gathers around me. "You killed everyone I loved," I growl, "you made my life hell! Now I shall return the favor!"

"Please," she pleads, "spare me."

"Oh," I smirk, "I'm not going to kill you. No no no, that would be much to short. I don't kill, I don't want sin. I have no intention to destroy. Instead, I'm going to make you watch as The Web destroyes the army you spent so much time building. I want everything you loved to be taken from you. I don't kill, but who said I had to save anyone? I'm going to let them die, and when they're all dead, Antagonist will kill you."

"Where's my say in this?" Antagonist asks.

"Just do me a solid," I reply, "you already have a lot of sin anyways, you can bear the weight of one more kill right?"

"I guess," Antagonist replies, "but I don't want to kill, not again. During the first ascension, I killed everyone. I didn't know my past, so I killed. Out of fear, I destroyed everything. I don't want to fight again. Not until the readers return. I will erase them. I will tear their vessel to bloody pieces! I will rip their soul apart! The readers are a threat to this world, and I will make sure they never return after this ascension. Until then, I don't want to kill anyone."

"OK," I reply, "just relax. We'll figure something out."

I fell pain shooting up my arm, I drop The Mind. She laughs eerily. Venom drips from her mouth. She's a venomancer. "You're gonna die you little shit," she grins, "that venom of mine can kill in mere minutes. You should've listened to me. I only wanted what's best for you."

"You want what's best for this kid?" Silkress asks, "then die!" Silkress lunges at The Mind. Pure arcane energy emanates from Silkress, the purest form of all magic. She attacks The Mind in murderous rage. "You take an innocent child and torment them because, what? They might be a vessel? You murder by the dozens, you kidnap, you lie, you cheat, you steal, I'm tired of your shit! You'll pay for what you did! No longer will you torment this innocent child, I'm going to rip you to apart! I'm going to butcher your army! I'm going to erase you from this ascension!"

Silkress launches spheres of arcane energy at The Mind, but The Mind douges. The Mind counters by shooting acid from her hands. Silkress falls to her knees, her legs burned by the acid. "Don't move," Antagonist explains, "if you move, the venom will flow through you faster. Let me handle this." Antagonist runs to Silkress's side. "Are you OK?" He asks.

"I'm fine," Silkress replies, "go get your father."

"What about Peter?" Antagonist asks, "he may kill him."

"That's a chance we'll have to take," Silkress replies getting back up, "we have no choice."

Antagonist runs up a large set of stairs on the left of the room and goes out of sight. Silkress gets back up. I can't let her die. None of these people really know me, I won't let them die for me. I walk forward as the venom flows through my veins. "Stop this," I plead, "it's me you want. Leave them out of this."

The Mind laughs. "Very well," she smirks, "let's go. We must prepare for the readers." She turns her back to me, and I take the opertunity. I take one of Silkress's swords which she dropped and, out of desperation, I put the blade to my throat.

"Don't move an inch," I growl. The Mind turns around. I see fear in her eyes, but I'm not sure why. Why does she care so much if I die? I have an a moment of clarity, she doesn't have the guts to kill me, for some odd reason. "Here's what's going to happen," I explain, "you're going to set free those you've possessed, and wait for G.3.K. to kill you. Capiche?"

"Stand down," she pleads sincerely, "don't do this. You'll die from the venom anyways, this threat holds no weight."

"Then you're OK with this?" I ask. I slowly begin to cut my throat, but hold back as not to cause severe injury.

"Stop!" The Mind yells.

"You won't let me die," I smirk, "you need me don't you? Cause I'm the vessel. You're not going anywhere. Don't move, don't speak. Do anything, I'm dead. Any activity outside with your army, and I die."

The Mind doesn't move. Silence fills the air. Then, a booming voice "so, you not only enter my castle without my approval, but also torment an innocent character? The Mind, my name is G.3.K., and I am god of this world. I protect it and all its citizens. You are a threat to this world, and I am going to kill you." G.3.K. teleports into the center of the room...