Intermision Seven (Flashback One Part Five): A Difficult Choice

The Mind lunges forward. Silkress blocks her blade. Antagonist begins to use dark magic. The room goes completely black. I hear Antagonist laughing. "So," he grins, "you really have hit rock bottom. Tormenting a minor character? Really? I mean, attempting to take over major characters make sense, but why so much effort for one kid? Not to mention, he's not even an asshole. There is literally no reason to do this. So why?"

"Cause," The Mind replies growing ever closer to me in the darkness, "this character is more important than you think. This kid, is the next vessel!"

Light returns to the room. I look at Antagonist. I see betrayal and rage in his eyes. "You're lieing," he growls.

"Really?"The Mind asks, "cause that's not what he told me!"

"Why would he talk to you? You're not important!"

"Not yet, but I'm growing Antagonist. I don't care if your dad is God in this world, Peter is mine. The readers are mine. We shall bring this world salvation. Join me Peter, become the savior this world deserves."

"Don't do it Peter! The readers are evil, but she's even worse!"

"Cmon' Peter, we both know that you want a family. The Mind can be your family. Join me, and create of world of order!"

"Don't do it! She's lieing!"

I stand there. I have to choose one. Either side with someone who claims the readers are evil and will probably kill me if I do become the next vessel, or The Mind. I walk towards The Mind...