Preparing for a Last Stand

G.3.K. stands on his balcony, awaiting Devil and the Barron.

Hello friend.

"Who are you?" G.3.K. demands.

An ally. Listen, we both want to stop Devil, and I can't cross the barrier in my current state. So here's the deal. Let me borrow your soul for the rest of the Asension, and we'll stop the Barron together. Or better yet, just use the journal.

G.3.K. replies, "ever since the incident with the Barron Hatred has taken the journal. The author is to weak to retrieve it. Even if I fail, Hatred will handle it, and destroy the journal."

So you don't want to avenge your children? Just give in. It won't be hard. I can make you a true God. Just trust me.

"Why should I?"

Oh, maybe because if you don't obey, I'll reveal your dirty little secret. About your dear old mom and dad. Just lend me your power. Just this once.

"Damn you."

If you wish. Now die and give me your power.

G.3.K. turns his holy magic on himself, killing him.

I take his control. Bringing me to 219% control. I take his soul, and store my own and the shards within it, using it like a suit of armor. Hatred appears with Nathan.

Don't do this, please. Everyone deserves a happy ending. Will you truly take his happy ending away?

You don't get it. I've lost my happy ending because of him I will erase him, and ruin any chance for him to be fixed. In fact,

He lunges without warning at Hatred. Hatred isn't prepared. Mirror takes the journal and throws it into The Void. Oh shit. Hatred sighs. "Yup," he sighs, "same shit as always. I'll never bring someone else a happy ending." I realize this isn't The Author talking, but Hatred himself. Hatred is getting ever closer to freedom. "Just once," he sighs, "I want to do something good. I want to atone for The Cleansings."

It's OK, there's nothing we can do now. Go with plan B.

We can't save them both now.

What do you mean? Can't you just fix them?

I'm to weak. I still need to recover. Also, I gotta deal with the shards. I only got enough with me to save one of them. However, we still have one last plan. Get back to the Barrier.

I telaport away with Hatred.

I hear footsteps. He approaches. This is it. What I've been waiting for. Everything was destroyed in my world. My happy ending is gone, but now I have come, to return the favor. I can mess with space, time, can use arcane magic, and manipulate souls. That's how I got God's soul. I intend to separate the Barron from Devil, freeze Devil in time, get my vengence, and save Devil. As he could be one of the saviors as he is born of sin. I prepare for combat...