Knock Knock

I see the palace. I sense the auras of the gods. Do they really think I'm in cahoots with my creator? Well, there's no way I can reason with them then. Devil, we've got no choice. Ready?

"Do we really have to do this?" Devil asks, "some of the gods are still young. Even then, they're gods, and if we kill them, it'll trigger the Asension for sure."

We'll have enough time to grab the journal. Don't worry about it, but G.3.K.'s death will trigger the Asension, so we definitely need to kill him last.

"So," Devil continues, "let's get this over with."

We open the massive, golden doors. Two gods stand before us, Luke and Shawwwwwwwwn! (OK, how many of you got that refrence?) I sense their auras. They have about eighty percent control and twenty percent sin.

Devil and I have 90% control and 90% sin. While we're on the topic, when the world Ascends, some sins are cleansed, and control redistributed based on how strong the person actually is. So training or practicing magic are worth it in the long run.

"Halt Barron," Shawn demands, "you can't pass."

Well, you really are loyal to him aren't you? Listen, this Asension is already fucked. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Black-fire Asension. Just let us have the journal.

"Your master is to dangerous Barron," Luke explains, "if you get the journal, it could end in disaster. Even if your master isn't here anymore, they could return. Shawn, handle him, Villian and I have business to attend to. Luke heads upstairs. Shawn prepares to fight.

Well, this will be easy. I force the weight of my sins apon Shawn. He grows slower, weaker. I actually begin to wonder why my own sins don't weigh me down? Could it be because Devil is made of sins?

"I guess," Devil replies, "let's get this taken care of."

Shawn steps forward, sins weakening him. His black-blank eyes absorb all light in the room. Shawn's cloak covers his pale face and skin. He's not sickly however, he has slick, black hair, a strong build and is fairly tall. He draws his scythe.

I can't see very well, but I see a scythe. I suddenly get a splitting headache. I hear a voice. "Do you know how this tale shall end?" The voice asks.

I have a vision. I see a cloaked man, wielding a scythe. There is something off about him. He walks forwards, towards the author. The author, Nathan, and the readers all prepare to face the man. The man grins, and snaps his fingers. Everything goes up in flames. The world begins to Ascend, but the man uses his control, holding it together. The man attacks the author, and everything goes black.

Who was that man? He wasn't a god, the gods get along with the author just fine. No, that man was something more, something unnatural. He felt... different, like he didn't belong. I hide my confusion from Devil.

Shawn uses dark magic to attack Devil with unholy energy. Devil lunges, and Shawn is unable to douge due to the weight of Devil's sins. He coughs up blood. As he dies, he manages to wheeze, "you... can't stop... their creation..." Shawn falls, dead.

"What creation?" Devil asks.

I dunno. We continue.

"Villian!" Luke yells dashing upstairs, "we need to finish the prototype!"...