Intermision Three (Flashback 1 Part 1): My Old Freind...

It all started just after the last world Ascended. I was 12 when it happened, and that was four years ago. What happened? Well, I'll tell you, right... Not yet... Now!

It was a cold Winter day, a deathly silence filled the air. This was the first Ascension I existed in. (Still the same Ascension by the way.) I was walking to school. Then, I run into him. My brother, Antagonist. The one I killed when I was ordered to by the readers.

Realizing he's the ruler of this Ascension, I apologize.

"It's OK," he replies, "what's your name?"

"I'm Peter," I reply, "an average mortal."

Antagonist smiles at me. "Nice to meet you Peter," he replies, "let's see, where have I heard that name before?" He takes the journal from his pocket. Why he had it at that time? Well, the author was handling other issues and entrusted it to him.

"Ah ha!" He exclaims, "here you are!" He reads for a moment. "There's not much on you in the journal, only this particular encounter."

"What's that mean?" I ask.

"Well," Antagonist, then only fourteen, explains, "you're either an unimportant character, or very important. You may have character development if you're important, if not, I'll probaly never see you again."

"Good to know," I reply.

"Anyways," Antagonist continues, "in the meantime, where you headed kid?"

"School," I reply.

"School?" Antagonist asks, "pfffff. Shit, my dad can teach you what you need to know in half the time. I say ditch school. My brother and sister are busy. Wanna hang out?"

"Isn't that illegal?"

"Don't worry about it. I'll just ask my dad to tutor you. You'll be able to pass final exams in two years! Then life becomes one perpetual Summer for the next four years. Then there's college, but that's later. I already have my high school diploma, and I've got four years of time to kill. Besides, I know this awesome dinner with the best bacon. When you taste this bacon, you can never go back to regular bacon."

"You can't improve bacon," I reply.

"Want proof?" Antagonist smiles.

I think about it for a moment, if she finds out about this... I decide to go. "Sure," I reply, "I'll try it."

Antagonist called out for a cab, and one pulled up. As we rode towards the dinner, I began to worry. See, back then I was an orphan, and there wasn't anywhere I could stay. See, I was a wandered about, living with various families, at the time, I had just left my previous family, or rather, gotten them killed. I'm cursed. I can stay with a family for about six months, but then they die tragically. Who cursed me? A being you know as The Mind. She seeks to unify the world under her control.

Silkress is The Mind's sister. The Mind is the goddess of surrender and unity. Why do they both control unity? Well, if two gods or goddesses are related, they can share aspects. The Mind has a LOT of control, and she is very dangerous. She had taken me under her wing, and decided I shall lead her crusade to unite the world. To do this, she tried to make me think that unity and surrender were the only way, that I couldn't be happy any other way.

She had also told me to obey her, or die. On that day in particular, she said I HAD to go to school, no matter what. I didn't realize at the time, but somthing big was about to happen, somthing that would change my life...