Intermision Five: (Flashback One Part Three): Who He Was

We exit the dinner. Antagonist stops a cab. We get in. "Take us to G.3.K.'s castle," he demands."

"You know the rules bud," the driver replies, "no major characters that close to the journal. That castle is the last line of defense. After the accident with him."

"We don't mention him," Antagonist replies, "we both know how dangerous he is."

"Who?" I ask.

"Well," Antagonist explains, "he was created from another author who tried to steal the story. He's not a threat now, but long ago, this author was a very dangerous individual. When they lost their shot at the story, he was created. Everyone was scared of him, but Neutrality promised to learn his true intentions. He was about to ask, but then he looked at the journal. He was killed by Hatred on the spot. No one knows if he's a threat. Now, we try to find his broken soul. Out of fear and curiosity, but most importantly, my father believes everyone deserves a happy ending, hero or villain. He believes they can change."

"What's his name?" I ask.

"(Gamecharacter).exe" Antagonist replies.

"Oh hahaha," I reply, "seriously, what's his name?"

"The Bloody Barron." Antagonist replies, "but let's not bring it back up. Neutrality tends to get depressed when he thinks about him."

We arrive at G.3.K's castle. "That's eight bucks," the can driver explains. Antagonist hands him twelve bucks.

"Keep the change," Antagonist smiles.

"Hey kid," the driver asks, "ain't you worried about your dad getting onto you about Peter?"

"Nah," Antagonist replies, "I think I'll be fine."

The cab driver drives off. We walk up to the front door. The stairs are paved silver, wide and long, leading up to a tall pair of golden doors. We slowly walk up the stairs. As we reach the golden doors I begin to wonder what's on the other side.

"One little thing," Antagonist explains, "my mom's handling some stuff with her followers. Just be cool."

He opens the doors. I see Silkress, she holds a sacrificial knife. A follower, dressed in black robes kneels before her. She lifts the knife.

"You surrender yourself to the web?" She asks.

"Yes," the follower replies.

At the time, as I mentioned before, The Mind had told me Silkress was an evil kidnapper. I didn't know she was lying at the time, so I tried to stop her.

I look around, and find two swords above a fireplace on the far wall at the end of the room. I dash for them. As Silkress slowly lifts her knife, I push my way through the crowd. She begins to thrust her knife down. I throw one of the swords, disarming her. Silkress glares at me. Her followers all turn to face me. This isn't good...