Welcome to Reality

"I heard a noise," Peter lies, "I thought it was Devil."

"Devil's fighting The Web. We've got time," Luke replies, "Peter, I think we need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about," Peter replies, "I've failed as the vessel."

"Wait what? First thing first. Peter, what has the prototype told you?"

"That you want to turn them into a weapon. That you programed them to protect me. Also that if I put in the last strand of code needed, they'll be complete."

"Well, that's true, but we can't complete the prototype now, if we do now, it won't end well. Trust me, she isn't ready. There's a major bug we need to work out."

"She?"

"What, did you assume all prototypes are dudes?"

"Well, the only survivors we know of excluding this one are dudes, so yes."

"That's fair, I guess, but seriously, don't complete her code."

"I won't let you turn her into a mindless weapon." Ice gathers around Peter, "even if it means I have to fight you."

There's a moment of silence, then Luke replies, "very well. I'll complete her, but beware when night falls." Luke opens the safe and puts in the code.

Prototype 8 claims her body, which was the least damaged corpse Villian could find. "So, now what?" She asks.

"Well," Luke replies, "you're to unstable to face Devil, and Peter won't be of much help with his refusal to kill. So, I dunno, maybe Peter could show you the world. It may Ascend any minute, but it's good for you to get an idea of how reality works."

"OK," Peter replies, "ready to go?"

Prototype 8 pushes back her long, blonde hair revealing her green eyes. She's about five foot four. Not very tall. "Sure," she replies, "but I gotta know, who's this Devil person you keep talking about?"

Oh, I'll explain this one. I'm Nathan, the narrator. Devil is a being born of the sins of the readers, the saviors of this world. However, Devil isn't really evil. True evil doesn't really exist, at least not in this world. Devil could become the destroyer, but his fate lies mostly in if be embraces or defies sin.

"Wait, narrator? What do you mean?"

Oh, this is a story written by the author. Don't worry about it.

"If this is a story, what happens when it ends?"

Well that's easy! What happens is uhhhhh... hold that thought actually.

Hey author what does happen after the story ends?

Oh, that. Well, you'll continue to exsist. Just because the story ends doesn't mean the world will. Unless...

Unless what?

I hold the journal. If things go wrong and the readers commit a truly evil dead then... no, that won't happen. There's no way they'd do that.

Not important. It won't happen, I'll make sure of that.

OK. So there you have it.

"So, ready to go?" 8 asks.

"Sure," Peter replies, "but just a heads up. Things aren't exactly stable right now so... be prepared for that."

Peter gets on a motorcycle.

"You know how to drive?" Peter asks.

"I was programed with that," 8 smiles. Prototype 8 gets on a separate motorcycle. Her hand glows with electricity. She uses if to jump start the motorcycle. Peter proceeds to hotwire his.

"So where to?" 8 asks.

"First of all," Peter inquires, "can you use any magic other than thundermancy?"

"No, well, yes, but not naturally. I have a relic that lets me use dark magic embedded into my soul, so technically, I'll always have that power, but it doesn't directly make me strong. I can still be killed as easy as anyone else but..." darkness fills the room, "it's very easy for me to kill others. Not that I want to, but just saying I have the option."

Peter examians 8's arua. She has 50% control and 0% sin yet she appears to have the power of someone with much more control, at least offensively. Defensively, a simple bullet to the head would do."

Wait, the Stone of Destruction is in 8's soul. Oh shit. This... complicates matters. I wouldn't worry about it now, but there's someone in the True World, someone powerful, who would kill or even erase anyone to get that artifact. For now however, the True World is still separate so don't worry about it.

The duo heads out into the chaos, to show Prototype 8 the world... or what's left of it. Hey, who were you talking to?

Just the exiles.

And who were you talking about in the True World?

I'd rather not say yet but... let's just say... there are some who would pay any price to end the Void War. Anyways, to the next chapter!