Chapter 4.

Everything happened on a Saturday night.

I was sitting in my room, waiting for Harry to come. My mother, father and little sister, Summer, had gone on a trip for a couple of days and, as I wasn't going, they let me stay home, provided that Harry came and spent the nights with me. They trusted him enough and knew that he would protect me and that he wouldn't try anything with me. Somehow, he had won that special place as my best friend, and my parents were able to see how much we cared for each other.

I had the popcorn and the movie ready to spend a great evening. It had been my choice that night and, as I usually did, I had chosen one of Disney: "Tangled", just because it was new and we hadn't seen it. I loved Rapunzel and, in fact, Harry had nicknamed me like that because of my long blond hair.

I glanced at the peach clock on the kitchen wall and it was almost nine o'clock. It was weird, as he said he would be there by eight. I swamped into the couch and kept the popcorn away not to finish it before he arrived. I zapped through every channel, looking for something to watch until he showed up and got tired of going through the same lame TV shows over and over. After half an hour, I decided to call him to find out what was going on, but I got directed to the voicemail several times. It was weird, as he always answered his phone.

I shrugged and took my pillow in my hands. If he had decided not to come without letting me know he would have to deal with a slap in the morning. I laid on the couch, trying to stay awake in case he finally decided to show up.

...

 The door opened with a creak and then slammed shut. I had no energy to sit up. A figure appeared into the living room and crouched beside the couch, right next to me. He caressed my cheek with his soft fingers, trying to wake me up neatly.

"Hey, Sky" he whispered.

"Harry?" I muttered back, my voice raspy. "Why are you so late? We were going to watch..." My weak voice was interrupted by his finger covering my mouth.

"I can't stay long".

"You have to" I reproached.

"I can't, I have to go. I came here just to tell you." My eyes were heavier every second.

“Please, stay.” A weird sensation travelled through my whole body. I felt like I had to stop him, but I had no strength to.

“Sky, I can’t. I’ll be back soon, I promise.”

“Pinkie promise?” I lifted my finger and looked up.

“Pinkie promise.” He answered with a grin. He wrapped his finger around mine, keeping them both together for a second before kissing my forehead and rushing out of the house.

Why did I feel so tired anyway? My eyes closed little by little and I fell asleep again.

 ...

Knock, knock, knock.

Three brutal knocks on my door woke me up.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I complained, getting up from the couch. Maybe it was Harry who had forgotten his key. I hoped it was him, he had promissed to be back again.

I headed to the front door, waiting to see him on the porch. Instead, I found them, and my world came crashing down.

“Are you… Sky Blew?”

I nodded without thinking. The two policemen, both dressed in the same uniform, stared at me upside down. The first thing I thought was that my parents had gotten into some sort of accident and that made my stomach churn. Even though the policeman's next words made me feel even worse than I already was. “You are Harry’s friend, aren’t you? Harry Styles.” I nodded, again. I couldn’t talk. The words got trapped on my tongue. I knew what was coming, and was sure it wasn’t precisely good news. I begged that he had been caught trying to steal something, or that he had gotten drunk and they had brought him to my house to tell me to watch after him. But it wasn’t any of that, I could feel it in my bowels.