Chapter 15.

Harry.

Flashback.

“Happy birthday Niall” I said,  hugging him tight and giving him the big cookie I had bought him.

“Thanks man. Hey, do you know where Sky is?” he asked while looking over my shoulder, as if wanting to end up the conversation once and for all. It offended me a little.

“I don’t know. She was coming on her own” I answered. He gave me a fake smile and left me standing alone in the hall in the rudest possible way.

I spotted Liam sitting on one of the couches next to Louis and Zayn and I decided to go with them. I slipped through the crowd until I got there and sat next to Zayn.

“Hey” Sky appeared from nowhere. She was wearing a blue dress.

“Hey! You look good.” I winked at her just to annoy her and then stood up to give her a hug.

“Liar.” She punched my shoulder, as always.

“He’s right,” Liam commented, “you look beautiful.”

“Thanks” she answered and I noticed her cheeks blushing.

“Oh, Niall’s looking for you” I told her when remembering it.

“I’ve already seen him. He liked you’re cookie, he was already eating it.”

“What did he want?”

“Nothing he just… wanted to say hi” she hesitated. She was lying, I knew it. Everytime she did it she avoided visual contact.

“Okay, do you want a drink?”

“Sure” she smiled.

“What do you want?”

“Surprise me.”

I went to the kitchen and opened the freezer. It was full of cans and bottles of different colours, each of them filled with alcohol except the Coca-cola and lemonade ones. Sky always liked to drink exotic drinks so I decided to prepare vodka with Coca-Cola for her. When I finished, I grabbed a beer can for myself and walked out of the kitchen.

When I got back to the living room I found Niall sitting in the spot where I was, almost throwing himself on Sky. She was backing away and you could easily tell she was uncomfortable. I cleared my throat, on pourpose, and they both turned to see me.

 “Oh, thanks Harry” Sky smiled, grabbing the glass I offered her from my hand. Niall whispered something in her ear before smiling clumsily, standing up and disappearing through the people.

After a while, Louis and Zayn were dancing ridiculously in the middle of the room while Sky, Liam and I were watching them and laughing out loud. I hadn’t even taken a sip of my beer when Sky finished her second glass at once.

“Come on Sky” Liam laughed, pulling her close to him. They disappeared into the crowd and I was left alone once again. After some minutes, they came back with another drink each. She was dancing uninhibited, trying to control her legs not to fall. It looked like she was really, really drunk.

People were dancing completely squeezed one next to the other, laughing and spilling their drinks due to the little control over their bodies they had. I stood on the couch finishing my beer.

Oh Sky, I thought while watching her dance some egipcian dance. I walked to the kitchen, dodging the people, to get another beer and when I came back Sky wasn’t there.

“Louis, have you seen Sky?”

“Harry! Join the dance and have some fun, come on!” Louis managed to say fumbling his words. He was trying hard to talk properly but it wasn’t easy for him. “Sky? I think… I think she went… to the bar! Oh shit, I mean, I think… she went to the bathroom.”