Chapter 23.

Sky

Flashback

“Come on Sky! We’re late!” Amber shouted from the kitchen. I was struggling with myself trying to decide which dress to wear for Zayn’s party.

“I’m finishing with my make up, just a second!” I shouted back and finally gave in, grabbing the coral dress. I put on my beige heels, gave a final touch to my make up and went downstairs to find an impatient Amber waiting next to the door.

"I understand that you are a woman, because so am I and that's what we do, but how can you take so long to get dressed?" she laughed and I joined her. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to take that long."

"Come on, your dad is waiting for us in the car" she said and we got out of the house to go to the party. 

Once we got to Zayn's house, a big crowd was dancing out in the garden and another even bigger was in the house, drinking and laughing. We got inside to greet Zayn and some friends of his. We had met them at school but we had never talked with each other. One of them was a bit older than the rest and very similar to the one who had introduced himself as Niall.

"Hey" he said and smiled at me. Apparently, he was Niall's cousin.

"Hi Jeffrey" I answered and for a couple of seconds I got lost in his brown eyes. I already knew him and, even though being with him in the same room made me a little nervous, that night I was feeling slightly attracted to him.

We sat together at a table and Louis suggested to play some games which involved drinking. We all agreed and after a few minutes we all had red cups in our hands. We played for what seemed like two hours and, as usual, I lost most of the games and ended up drinking no less than five or six glasses of some sweet strawberry drink. We were all laughing at nothing and my vision was kind of blurred but I was still conscious of what was going on.

"I'm not feeling good. I'll go out for some air" Amber said after we finished laughing like idiots at our own terrible jokes.

"Yea, me neither. I'll come with you" Louis answered and they both left, making us, but mostly me, shout them silly things about kissing and stuff, just like if we were five years old.

"I think I'll do the same" Liam commented and went to what I think that was the backyard.

"So, do you want another drink?" Jeffrey asked me. 

"No, I think if I drink one more glass I'll pass out" I laughed and he smiled.

"Alright, would you come with me? I do want another one" he said and stood up, staring at me with his deep eyes.

"Sure" I smiled and joined him, leaving Zayn and Niall alone.

After he got his drink, we stumbled through the crowd and ended up on one couch, me on his lap and we both in a playful mood because of the alcohol in our bodies. 

"You know who I am, don't you?" he asked, smiling at me.

"Yea, you sold me those things for Christian, my ex boyfriend" I answered, still laughing.

"And you know you have to pay, right?" He placed his hand on my waist and my heart skipped a beat.

"I know, and I'm sorry. Christian was supposed to give me some money to..."

"Shh, don't worry about the money" he interrupted me. "I can lower the price if you give me something in return." He gazed at me and, after a few seconds, he leaned to me and placed a soft kiss in my lips, leaving a tingling sensation on my skin and making me shiver. Seeing that I had no objection, he leaned further and kissed me again, this time allowing the kiss to deepen. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he did the same with my waist, pressing his body to mine. His scent entered through my nostrils and that, combined with his soft touch on my back, was sending electricity through my whole body.