Chapter 6.

I was curled up on the hospital floor. I felt different, as light as a feather, but at the same time I felt my body numb. It didn't hurt, but it was quite strange.

I got up from the bright white floor and I felt weak again. I looked around: I was at a cold, small room. On my left was a stretcher covered with a blue blanket. I noticed a bulge under it and I felt curious about what was under it.

A prominent, serious man entered through the gray door wearing a white overall. He walked towards the bed, staring at the folder he was carrying in his hands. Behind him entered two women, both with long, jet, black hair and a skin as white as porcelain.

"Mom? Gemma?" I stepped towards them but it seemed like they weren't seeing me. They were both crying. Gemma, who was covering her eyes with her blue t-shirt sleeve, winced in horror, not wanting to see what was in front of her.

"Mom, look at me! Why are you ignoring me?" I shouted and waved my arms in front of her. "Mom, please!"

The doctor removed the blanket exposing a non older than eighteen years old boy. His face was pale and covered with bruises, and his lips were swollen, several cuts spreaded along his skin.

My mom let out a weak gasp. She fell over Gemma's shoulder, who was disconsolately crying too. I turned to the boy again and it was then when reality hit me like a train. I wanted to say something but words didn't come out of my mouth. How was it even possible to look down and see my own body, hurt and lifeless?

"Mom! Come back, please" I whispered while tears started to form in the corner of my eyes. "Please, somebody help me!"

I ran towards the door that was closing and tried to pull the door handle but my hand slipped through it instantly, just like if it was air. Furious, I threw a kick to the door but, anew, my foot went across the piece of metal and, right behind it, my whole body went through. My face hit the floor violently.

Nevertheless, I didn't feel anything.

I stood up and ran along the hall with my legs shaking, and dodging the people or simply running through their bodies. I still couldn't get used to the sensation, thus I almost fell a couple of times. I went downstairs until I got out of the hospital. I hadn't found my mother, but I knew exactly where I wanted to be.

Closing my eyes I felt like I was moving a lot faster. Mi feet were carrying me so fast that I could feel I was flying, and from one moment to another I was at the foot of Sky's bed. 

What?, I thought, How the hell did I get here?

"Sky?" I shouted, but there wasn't any answer.

I decided then to try again and imagine a place to go, asuming that if I thought about it, I would be there in a second. I closed my eyes and imagined Louis' house, and my supposition was correct: I was right there. I looked around and everything was in complete silence, except from the heavy breathing of my five best friends who were lying on the couch.

Sky, with her head resting on Zayn's lap, was placidly sleeping while he caressed her shoulder and stared to nowhere. I crouched next to her and tried to touch her cheek, in vain. I made an attempt to remove a lock of hair that was covering her face, but I could'n feel anything. I was just like a puddle of smoke.

Suddenly, she started to shake and her eyes went wet.

"Sky" I whispered in her ear.

"Harry, no..."

"Can you hear me?" I asked, surprised.

"Harry!"

"Sky!" I flinched and focused on her face. She looked scared and her lips were trembling.

"Get off. Stop... leave him! Please, no!" she started to raise her voice.

"Shh, it's okay" Zayn comforted her, stroking her hair. Her eyes opened widely, exposing her dilated pupils and, behind them, a sea of tears came along. I wished more than ever to hug her and comfort her, just like Zayn was doing, but what could I do? Nothing. I couldn't do anything but be there and be dead.

Sky

I woke up the next day feeling sick. I was still hoping that everything was a dream, but that was not going to happen. I had to get over it. Once again, sadness took ahold of me and I felt that strong need of hearing his voice behind my ear, singing me to sleep. 

I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and brought it closer to my face so I could stare better at the screen. I scrolled down my contacts until I got to the name "Harvey the-worst-liar Styles". Reading the ridiculous nickname that he had changed that one time I forgot my phone at his house made me smile widely.

I clicked "call" and held phone in my ear. I hugged my pillow while I waited for the tone but, obviously, he didn't answer and I was immediately directed to the voicemail. 

"Hey, this is Harry..." said the voice on the other line, "...if you're listening to this message, I can't answer your call now. Please, call me later..." and then there were two voices —mine and his— "...bye!"

I smiled through the tears that were now running down my cheeks.
How was my life supposed to be without him? I burried my face in the pillow and wondered what he would be doing at that moment...

[ Hi! Sorry I dind't update, I was on a trip. I had a great time if you're wondering! haha. Thanks for reading, ily :) ]