Chapter 8.

"Liam, can we go to take a walk, please?"

"Sure, I'll be at your house in a minute" he answered in the phone.

"Thanks" I whispered and hanged up. I needed to get out of my house to clear up my mind and I knew Liam would be the only one to come with me. He was really good company.

I went slowly downstairs and found my mother wearing a black dress, probably getting ready to go out.

"Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded. "Do you want something to eat? You haven't eaten for days".

"I'm not hungry."

"Sky, if this is about Harr..."

"Mom! Stop bringing him up okay? He's gone, he's not coming back, I understand" I snapped, interrupting her.

"Those we love never die. They're always with us..."

"Well, not Harry. He's dead." I turned my back to her and got out of the house, slamming the door. I found Liam a few blocks away and I run to hug him tightly. His touch on my waist made me remember Harry again, making me burst out in tears.

"Come on, let's go to the coffee shop and order something to eat" he said into my neck and then cleaned the tears streaming down my face.

We headed to the place without saying a word. I really wasn't hungry. Every feeling had been blocked from my body and every time I remembered him, my stomach fluttered and it made me nauseous. I didn't even want to think about the mess I would make if I eat something.

"Do you mis him?" I dared to ask, breaking the silence up. Liam gulped and nodded slowly.

"There hasn't been one single minute in which I haven't missed him." He looked down and it was at that moment when I realized I was being selfish, thinking that I was the only one who missed him so much.

"I'm so sorry, Liam."

"It's okay. We all miss him, right?"

I nodded.

The angelcatcher rang when we entered the place. We sat in one of the spots near the window and I rested my elbows on the table.

"What will you eat?"

"Nothing."

"Sky..."

"I'm not hungry, okay?"

He arched his eyebrow. "Sky, I've realized you haven't been eating."

"Yes I have."

"No, you haven't. I'll bring you something."

"Liam, I'm not hungry" I complained. He attempted to answer something but instead he stood up and walked towards the counter. When he came back, he smiled weakly and sat in front of me. Within a few minutes, the waitress brought us two hot chocolates and four slices of toasted bread.

"Liam, who do you think did it?" I asked, almost without realizing, after grabbing the cup and taking a sip. 

"Did what?"

"Kill him." 

"I honestly have no idea. The police is doing its best effort to find out" he shrugged.

"I don't think so" I sighed.

"I agree with you." He rested his chin on his hand and closed his eyes. I stared at him for a few seconds and got lost in his delicate features. In tha t moment, I had that feeling. The same I'd had the day of Harry's burial. What if they were the ones who had killed him?

My head was spinning.

We went home around 4:00. My mother and father had left and my sister wasn't at home either. I said goodbye to Liam with a huge hug and watched him disappear at the end of the road. I closed the door and sank into the couch, trying to put my mind blank. After a few seconds I sat up and, as no one was home yet, I decided to go to the park to enjoy the little light that remained. I put on a jacket and a scarf and got out again.

I walked languidly donw the road, glancing at the buildings painted with the soft sunlight. When I got to the graveyard's entrance, I opened the gigantic door and entered gingerly to the place. I walked through the trail and passed by Harry's tomb without stopping.

Adrenaline filled me and anxiety hurried each of my steps till the point of almost running through the dark trees around me. My quiet walk had became an attempt to be with Harry. I needed to see him once more, I needed to be with him only for a few minutes.

I jumped the small wood fence and ran to the top of the hill, forcing my legs to move even faster. I spotted the old rusty railway. To be sincere, it was ruining the beauty of the image of a yellow, pacific meadow, which extended further than what my eyes could see.

Thousands of our memories flashed through my mind and I felt more apart from him than ever. I fell on my knees and started to cry.

"Harry..." I whispered while standing up.

I walked to the railway, without any composure, and I laid on the cold metal, my back to the train's way. I knew that what I was about to do was stupid, maybe just like the day I put that penknife on my wrist. However, this time nobody was going to stop me. Not even Harry.

Harry

"Sky..." I followed her to the railway. "Sky, what the hell are you doing? Stop. Don't you dare put a feet on the railway!" She obviously didn't listen and continued her way to the brown metal. Her empty blue eyes were crystalized and some strands of hair fell onto her pale face. "Sky, stop. I mean it" I insisted, but again, she didn't listen and she let her body fall on the train's way.

Rain started to fall weakly, making her soft skin cringe. I tried severe times to push her out of the railway, but was useless. I felt my eyes fill with tears and my body with impotence. She shouldn't die, she shouldn't throw everything away, not because of me.

"Sky,"  I said with a cracked voice, "please, listen to me."

Sky

I put my face in my hands, breathing in and out slowly. The train would come at any moment and it would take me far where I could finally join my best friend. The gentle breeze brushed my skin and little sparks of rain started to fall little by little, increasing their intensity more every second. My white shirt started to stick onto my body, soaked with water. I smiled through the raindrops when I heard the train's whistle. It made me shudder, but I wasn't afraid.

Harry.

 "Sky! Get off the goddamn railway!" I heard the train's whistle in the distance. I took my head in both of my hands, desperate to find a way of taking her away from there once and for all. I saw how the train was coming by, little by little, stealthy but violently shaking the floor. Sky smiled behind the rain and clasped her hands near her chest. "Sky!" I yelled with all my strenght, clenching my eyes and feeling more stupid than anyone else, letting her disappear in front of me.