Chapter 7.

Harry

With my hands in my pockets I made my way towards the park at the end of the road. The street was completely empty and the blue sky was shining behind the spongy clouds. What a pity, it's a nice day, I thought.

I stopped on my feet to think clearly for a second. If I was dead, shouldn't I have gone to heaven or something like that? Or did I have to stay in the world of the living forever?

I tried to kick a little pebble but all I did was fall on my back. I sighed, resigned. It would take me some time to get used to it. 

"Oh my god! Look!" I heard a voice a few steps from where I was. I didn't pay attention because she obviously wasn't talking to me. "It's Harry Styles!" My heart leaped and hearing the voice gave me chills. I turned around to find a little blond girl, not too tall and with blue eyes, full of emotion.

"What?" I stood up. "Can you see me?" As long as I stared at her, the less I could believe it. 

"Wow, can you see me?" she replied. 

"Lenny, you can't just start talking to strangers like that" another girl appeared a few meters away from the first one. She was slightly taller than Lenny, her dark and long hair covered her shoulders and her gray eyes portruded from her face. Lenny turned around, frowning to the other girl.

"Scarlett, he is dead, we are dead. We're not strangers if we are all dead."

That small statement made me feel accompanied. They could see me, talk to me, which meant maybe I could even make some friends here.

For a moment, Scarlett looked like she was about to leave, but then she turned to me and smiled, just for commitment, I supposed.  

"I'm sorry, Harry," she said as if she knew me, "it's just that Lenny is a big fan of you here" and then she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, maybe. I used to go to the same school that you, Harry." She turned to Scarlett. "I mean, come on, this is my chance to meet him. I used to watch him in the shower!" she said, making my eyes go wide, and immediately covered her mouth.

"Lenny!"

"I'm sorry. At least I didn't entered with him..." she bursted out in laughter and Scarlett face-palmed with a long sigh. I couldn't help but smile.

"What?" I asked when Scarlett looked at me upside down, with a disgusted look on her face.

"Why don't you change clothes?"

I looked down my body and realized I still had my clothes stained with some blood.

"Ehm, I..." I shrugged. I really didn't know I could.

Lenny stopped laughing and started to breathe again. I heard some more chuckles until she stood up.

"You can do it," Lenny said, "but I suggest not to put a t-shirt on, I'm sure Scarlett wants to see your abs."

Scarlett turned to her, furious, and stared at her with her jaw practically on the floor.

"Yea... I mean, what? What are you saying? Ugh, you're so obnoxious, Lenny. You're officially a pervert, I'm outta here" she snaped and disappeared instantly.

"Wait, what? Where did she go?" I asked, looking frantically around.

"Scarlett is used to disappear from one moment to another. She'll never tell me how to do it" Lenny answered, shrugging her shoulders.

Sky.

Flashback.

The birds were singing above my head, emitting a really irritating sound. The tops of the trees were shaking violently because of the wind and, being autumn, the leaves wer falling in bunches. A big quantity of the red and yellow ones that covered the grass rustled under my steps as I walked towards one of the many trees of the forest. I sat in what seemed to be a mattress of leaves, just below the preponderant tree, and took in my left hand a twig, and in my right hand a penknife.

The fact of moving into a new city, far from everything that I knew, was consuming me. Despite of an entire year spent there, I was still afraid and lonely, and I couldn't find any reason for which I should have to stand everything. I decided that that would be the end. Just a little pain and then I would be happy, without worries.

I placed the twig into my mouth and bit it firmly; that would stop the pain, unless for a little while. I grabbed the penknife and put it on my wrist, closing my eyes and feeling the cold metal against my skin. I hesitated for an instant, preparing myself for the pain and when I gathered strenght and felt ready to slide it through my wrist, someone interrupted me.

"Don't do that" a deep voice made me jump and I instantly opened my eyes. I caught sight of a boy with curly, brown hair, staring at me seriously, a huge frown spreaded across his forehead.

"And who are you to tell me what to do?" I answered rudely, taking the twig out of my mouth.

"I know you're stronger than this." He walked towards me. I looked up to him, trying not to break up in tears.

"You don't even know me."

"I know, but anyway I think you are." He slided his hand to reach mine, trying to spread my fingers away from the penknife's handle.

"Get away from me" I warned, backing up and placing the object on my wrist once again. My whole body was shaking and I was making a big effort to keep the tears from falling.

"Don't! Please." He raised his hands in surrender. His green eyes were panicked. "Please." I held my fearful look for some seconds, and took the penknife away from my arm.

"I... just... I don't know what else to do." I covered my face with my hands, bursting into tears.

"Come here" he offered and sat down, pointing to the spot next to him. I did what he pleaded but made sure to be in a position in which I could stand up and run if it was necessary. "Give me a good reason why you think you should take your life away".

"I... I won't tell you my feelings. I barely know you" I sobbed.

"I won't make you tell me if you don't want to, but I'm already involved here, so I won't leave until I am sure you'll be fine."

"Well, you're not leaving, but I am" I challenged.

"Then I'll go with you" he challenged back.

"Don't you dare get up from there. What if you are some crazy ass murderer or something?"

"Do I look like a murderer?"

"I guess not..." I shook my head, "but you could be anyways." He chuckled and then his face turned serious again. I caught a glimpse on one of his sweet dimples.

"Come on, tell me."

"It's just that... it's nothing. I don't want to talk about it."

"Right, you don't wanna talk about it but you want to kill yourself..." I looked down and closed my eyes tightly, letting some more tears fall. I didn't want him to see me crying.

"I'm so stupid" I whispered. I heard him getting up and coming closer, and I instantly felt his warm arm around my waist. My body felt weak to the sudden contact and the knife slipped from my hands.

"No, babe, you're not." I grabbed ahold of his jacket and started to cry in his chest. His soft touch was wonderfully calming, his fingers caressing my back making me less worried every second. "What's your name?" he asked, his face inches from mine.

"Sky" I sighed.

"I'm Harry, Harry Styles." He backed away and smiled, holding out his hand. I returned the greeting and the smile. For some reason, I didn't want to take my life away anymore. I didn't know why, but what I knew was that Harry and I were going to be friends for a very long time. 

End of flashback.

[ Sorry I didn't update for a long time, I was busy. I hope you like this chapter! It's one of my favourites. ily all <3 ]