Chapter 17.

I had a hot chocolate mug in my hands, a thick red blanket covering my shoulders and lots of annoying people suffocating me with stupid questions. I felt so small. I hated to be the center of attention. I didn't want to talk, let alone to remember last night's scene. What I had seen would be stuck in my mind and torture me forever. 

"What was he like?"

"What did you do?"

"Are you hurt?"

"Was he her boyfriend?"

Questions just entered through my ear and left through the other one. I wasn't paying attention.

I left the cup on the table, took the blanket off and went upstairs. I had already told them what I had seen, where and when it had happened. The only thing I couldn't mention to them was that I thought Liam seemed to be the one who had done it. But I wasn't sure. The memory was blurred in my mind.

"Now, leave her alone" my mum ordered, escorting the interviewers out of my house. It was going to be a long week.

Harry.

Flashback.

"It's so hot" Sky complained, finishing the last sip of water from the bottle. She was wearing blue shorts, a white shirt and brown sandals. Her ponytail was flaming due to the scarce wind.

"How can you be so hot? It's no big deal" I chuckled, staring at her exposed abdomen and her long legs. "You're even wearing almost no clothes."

"It's boiling hot!" she said, fanning herself with her hand. "I don't know how you can be wearing those jeans." She threw the empty bottle in the bin next to her. It was summer, sun was shinning bright in the sky, almost cooking everything its rays touched.

"You look like a tomato" I teased, touching her red nose.

"Thanks Harry."

"You're welcome." She punched my arm and I chuckled.

The air was dry and dense. Everybody was wearing little clothing, walking the deserted streets. However, there was a happy mood in town. There had been weeks without so much hot in the city.

Sky and I were coming back from the beach while everyone else had gone shopping.

"Shall we go to the woods for a little while before going home?" I suggested.

"Sure, let's go" she smiled, grabbing my arm.

We soon got to the hill and we were both exhausted. Our breathing was heavy and at least my legs were hurting.

"We're almost there" I said and then glanced at her. "Do you want me to carry you?"

"No, it's fine" she said. "I'm not so tired" she assured me but I knew she was too proud to admit she was tired and let me carry her.

"Come on, I know you as much as to tell you're tired" I insisted.

"Fine" she sighed. "Just this time." She jumped on my back and I smiled. It wasn't hard to carry her, she was as light as a feather. I walked to our place, under the old oak near the meadow, where we spent most of our time together. We practically lived together, we seemed made for each other.

I wanted to be with her, to grow old with her. I loved her and she loved me, but not in the same way, I guess. She just liked our relationship as best friends. Maybe I did too and it was just a whim to be with her.

I put her down when we got under the tree and I sighed. She asked me what was wrong but I just told her I was tired and sat down, leaning on my back over the solid trunk. I stretched my legs and Sky laid down on my stomach, as she always did.