Chapter 11.

Two days had gone by without a signal from Harry.

I realized it was foolish to believe that he was still here. How naïve! I laughed to myself and resigned to no longer seeing him again.

Mi phone vibrated, startling and taking me out of my thoughts. I left my cup of coffee on the table and took the noisy object in my hands; the screen showed Niall's number. 

"Hey Niall, what's up?"

"Hey Sky! I was wondering if you wanted me to take you to the police department today. You know, because of the interrogatory."

"Oh, right. That'd be great! Thank you!"

"Okay" he agreed. "I'll pick you up at..."

"Three" I interrupted him.

"Sure. See you then, bye!"

"Bye Niall."

I hanged up and went to my bedroom to finish my cup of coffee while reading a book. The hours went by and after having lunch and having a shower, I went outside to wait for Niall. Some minutes later, his gray car stopped in front of me and he stepped out of it to open the door for me. I greeted him and sat on the passenger seat, next to him.

"So, how're you doing?" He gazed at me, making me feel a little uncomfortable. "You look good."

"Thanks" I answered and felt my face turned into fire. "I'm fine I guess." I turned to stare out the window while the car started, to avoid having another awkward talk with him.

I wondered about the interrogatory and instantly got nervous. I started to doubt about what to say. What if I answered something weird and they thought it was me? 

"Everything's gonna be okay" Niall said to me, softly squeezing my leg. It was like if he had read my thoughts. I smiled weakly in return and turned again to look through the window. 

After a few blocks, we arrived to the old building. I got out of the car and we walked towards the stairs where the rest of our friends were sitting.

"Hi."

"Hi Sky" Louis, Liam and Zayn replied.

"Shall we go inside?" I asked. I wanted to finish this once and for all. They all nodded and we entered the place.

The first one to go inside the interrogation room was Louis. The rest of us stood in the office, awkward and uncomfortably sat on the chairs. None of us talked. Actually, nobody wanted to. Policemen's reserved conversations echoed and tensed constantly the mood of the room.

After half an hour, the door opened, making us all turn to it. Louis came out with bloodshot eyes. Behind him, two policemen.

"Miss," the woman with brown hair said to me, "you're next" she finished and my heart leaped. I stood up and entered the room. The robust man beckoned me to take a seat. I did so and they both sat in across the table, in front of me. The woman was holding a blue notepad in her steady hands.

"My name's Kate, and this is my partner, Jack" she explained while taking her glasses off. I nodded in aprooval and hanged my purse on the chair. "I found out that you and Harry were really good friends, am I right?" She gave the notepad to Jack, who grabbed a pen from his pocket. I nodded once again, nervously playing with my fingers. "How did you meet?"

"We met in the woods three years ago, when I moved here" I said and Jack wrote something. The pen's noise was sending electric sparks all over my body.

"Right. Did you have a good relationship? Or were you used to fight?" 

"No, we had a great relationship. As friends, obviously" I answered, my voice about to crack.